Warner Bros.Wilmslow, UK
Full Time Job
Founded in 2010 by leading Games Industry entrepreneurs, Playdemic is a BAFTA Award winning developer and publisher of mobile games, focused on creating fun and engaging, free-to-play game services for iOS and Android. These games include the global smash hit, Golf Clash.
We are a highly ambitious company committed to making chart-topping products. Our culture and values place great emphasis upon open communication, autonomy and empowerment. We believe in encouraging people to be the best they can be and giving them the tools to achieve their goals.
As a result of our acquisition by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Playdemic is embarking on a new phase of growth as we expand our teams to craft the next generation of hit mobile games that will be loved and played by millions of people the world over. As a result, we're looking for the most talented, passionate and dedicated individuals to join us.
Our personality is to be ambitious and innovative and to encourage creative risk taking. This is combined with a flat and transparent approach to decision making that creates a shared culture of success.
Playdemic wants our workforce to be more representative of all sections of society at all levels in the organisation. We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.
If you want to create games for millions of players to enjoy on the go, then this is the job you've been looking for. Playdemic, a division of WB Games Inc., are seeking an experienced 3D Artist to join our dedicated and dynamic team working on the smash hit, award-winning Golf Clash to create high quality, desirable 3D assets which are for our regular content updates.
You will be an extremely talented artist who is experienced, passionate and extremely creative who takes your career as a game artist seriously. You will also be able to communicate your ideas well both verbally and in writing, taking pride in seeing your ideas come to fruition.
Reporting to the Game Producer and 3D Art Lead you must be adaptable and open to critical review. You must have a strong portfolio of your best work, demonstrating your experience in creating high quality 3D assets.
Examples of relevant core skills & experience that will help you get this role;
• Expertise using 3ds Max (or Maya, but with a willingness to switch).
• Experience of Photoshop.
• Can demonstrate an incredible portfolio with the best examples of 3D environment creation, organic sculpts, hard surface objects/vehicles.
• Experience making textures by using hand painting and photo editing techniques.
• 3D modelling and UV layout suited to mobile platform, efficient use of limited polys and textures.
• Sketching ability to demonstrate ideas/concepts/explain processes.
• Good understanding of lighting/colour theory.
• Experience within a games studio, although we would consider graduates and industry entrants demonstrating an exceptional portfolio. We also welcome applicants from other creative industries
• Strong skillset in traditional 2D sketching, drawing, painting, and composition is beneficial.
• Understanding of shader design/implementation.
• Experience producing VFX for 3D games.
• Experience using World Machine, Z Brush, Marmoset Tool Bag, Substance Designer/Painter.
• 3d animation and rigging skills.
To support your application for the 3D Artist position, please provide a link or samples of the art work you are most proud of.
What we can offer you
At Playdemic we know that the only way to make world class games is by hiring the most talented people and then creating the right environment to empower them to do their best work. We've recently moved into a brand new, purpose-built office space which balances ambitious design, brilliant workspaces with generous and indulgent breakout areas for co-working, socialising and meetings. Here some of the amazing features we've added to this space:
• Amazing looking, flexible, open plan workspaces.
• Interesting and varied meeting spaces.
• Height adjustable desks throughout.
• State of the art entertainment systems for people to socialise with at lunch or after work.
• One of the fanciest coffee machines you've ever seen, delivering awesome, barista-style beverages.
• We've even installed a beer tap!
On top of a very competitive salary we also offer some of the following amazing benefits:
• Being part of the Warner Bros. family – one of the world's largest media companies.
• Regular health, wellbeing and social events.
• Comprehensive Bonus Package.
• Generous Company Pension.
• Life Assurance.
• Discounts on products.