Vice President, Human Resources
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
What part will you play?
As part of the Warner Bros. Entertainment Human Resources organization, you will lead the HR function in support of the Studio Facilities operating group, You will also provide oversight of the HR function at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden (near London) in the United Kingdom. This executive will deal with a variety of motion picture and television production support businesses and infrastructure departments, working with both union-represented and non-represented personnel in California, and a non-represented workforce in the UK. The successful candidate must be able to handle a wide-ranging set of complicated matters in a fast-paced environment. Plans, organizes and directs the overall Human Resources function for these businesses serving as partner and advisor to management and employees on HR issues. Reporting to the SVP Human Resources, Warner Bros., this position will work closely with Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Org Effectiveness and other areas of HR Centers of Expertise to provide on-going support and strategic HR leadership. Manages and builds teams that are aligned with business strategies and capable of driving profitable growth.
• Plans, organizes and directs the overall Human Resources function and team in all HR disciplines for assigned business unit.
• Participates in business planning and strategic direction with business executives including organizational structure; recruiting and diversity strategies; retention and talent management; growth projections and ramifications of division expansion; reduction or change, etc
• Partners with OD team to determine implementation of strategies related to training and development, succession planning, coaching and mentoring.
• Develops leadership capability throughout the business to build a bench of diverse, empowered, and skilled talent.
• Work with executives to build and restructure departments that are aligned with ever-changing business strategies and capable of driving profitable growth.
• Responsible for HR initiatives and processes related to Total Rewards Planning (compensation, equity and bonus planning), Data Integrity, Organization Review, etc. for assigned business units.
• Partners with international Human Resources colleagues in driving the initiatives of the Burbank and UK-based business executives internationally, ensuring cohesive teamwork.
• Works with Compensation and negotiates salary offers and/or contract terms on behalf of the Company. Partners with Comp regarding job evaluations, promotion reviews, bonus plans, etc.
• Balances a professional partnership with business unit management while being accountable to and a member of the Corporate Human Resources team.
• Counsels employees and management in career planning, progressive disciplinary action and other employee-related matters.
• Provides counsel in employee relations and leave of absence issues, partnering with both Corporate Employee Relations and Corporate Legal as necessary.
• Partners with WBSF Labor Relations team on the interpretation and administration of collective bargaining agreement, cooperative committees and any employee relations issues as needed.
• Proactively interfaces with senior management to gain and maintain an understanding of all departments and lines of business to efficiently and effectively assess and support their Human Resource needs.
• Performs analysis and other related duties as assigned.
What do we require from you?
• At least 10 years of professional level Human Resources experience, the majority of which in large, matrix organizations.
• A college degree in a related field in conjunction with Human Resources coursework/seminars/training programs.
• Experience working with Union-represented employees and a strong understanding of collective bargaining agreements and their application to a dynamic workplace.
• Working knowledge/experience in international employment legislation.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and constructively in writing and verbally with all levels of employees.
• Experience with managing and developing a team.
• Minimum 10 years professional level Human Resources experience required.
• Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge of compensation, employee relations, talent acquisition, and organization development.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.