Summer Intern - Harry Potter Global Franchise Development
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Our internship program is designed to provide an opportunity to gain knowledge of and exposure to a working studio environment. The Company makes a special effort to provide the support and training needed to prepare interns to succeed in real-time projects and assignments.
Summer 2019 Internships start in June 2019 and are generally 10 weeks long. To be eligible to participate in our internship program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Must be enrolled in pursuit of a degree at an accredited college or university during the entire 10 weeks of the internship.
• Must be available to intern full-time in Burbank, CA from Mondays to Fridays starting June 2019 – September 2019.
• Must be in good academic standing.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to provide own relocation housing and transportation.
• Must be able to provide copy of unofficial transcript.
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks an intern for the Harry Potter Global Franchise Development department. The Harry Potter Global Franchise Development team is a corporate group based in both London and Burbank, charged with the management of stakeholders relating to the brand and delivery of a one-company, lifecycle marketing approach to the management of the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts franchises globally.
This role will provide support for the Franchise Development team across various areas, including long-term strategy and planning, insights and research, brand marketing, digital and social media marketing and product initiatives.
• Build and update presentations and reports, including pitch materials, strategy decks and campaign recaps. This may involve liaising with Warner Bros. divisions to collate information and assets.
• Conduct trend insights and develop competitive analyses on entertainment brands, including marketing campaigns, social media activations, consumer products programs, game releases, etc.
• Write and proofread social media copy, and ideate around digital and social activations for official franchise touchpoints.
• Work closely with the Franchise Manager in the development and distribution of global and territory brand tracking study reports and development of custom tracking study highlights for pitches.
• Manage various project calendars, status reports and meeting preparation materials.
• Ad-hoc projects and tasks as requested.
What do we require from you?
• Pursuit of a college degree in Marketing, Communications or Business Management or related major.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (including charts and graphs) and/or Keynote required.
• Must be digitally savvy and utilize multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube; Understanding of social media content development and analytics.
• Passion and/or knowledge of Harry Potter franchise.
• Must be highly organized, have attention to detail and maintain confidentiality.
• Must be a self-motivated and flexible team player who can meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Must be able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional manner.
• Must be able to conceptualize and construct compelling presentations.