Summer Intern - Dc Manufacturing & Production
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Our internship program is designed to provide an opportunity to gain knowledge of and exposure to a working studio environment. The Company makes a special effort to provide the support and training needed to prepare interns to succeed in real-time projects and assignments.
Summer 2019 Internships start in June 2019 and are generally 10 weeks long. To be eligible to participate in our internship program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Must be enrolled in pursuit of a degree at an accredited college or university during the entire 10 weeks of the internship.
• Must be available to intern full-time in Burbank, CA from Mondays to Fridays starting June 2019 – September 2019.
• Must be in good academic standing.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to provide own relocation housing and transportation.
• Must be able to provide copy of unofficial transcript.
What part will you play?
DC Comics seeks an intern for the Manufacturing and Operations department. Position will gain insight and knowledge of the Comic Book industry through practical experience and exposure. This internship is designed for students interested in pursuing careers related to print and digital production.
• Distribution of signatures and review of quality on Reprints and first Printings.
• Insite Review for OK to print (working with a trained Administrator).
• Download and organization of files for Collected Editions titles.
• Cover Quality and Barcode / Price checks (working with a trained Administrator).
• Learn and apply specifications for photo retouching archival files.
• Create InDesign files and export PDFs.
• Define panel selections for comiXology and DC Universe platforms.
• Script / understand XML in creating ePubs for Apple's iBooks.
• Scan delicate materials to specifications.
• Organize files in accordance with project requirements.
What do we require from you?
• Pursuit of a college degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Marketing, or related major.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word and Excel.
• Mac knowledge and Adobe Creative Cloud required.
• Knowledge of DC Characters, comic books, and comic book history.
• Outstanding time management skills to handle multiple and changing priorities.