Summer Intern - Channel Marketing & Sales
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Channel Marketing & Sales Intern - Summer 2019 (Games)
What part will you play?
Our internship program is designed to provide an opportunity to gain knowledge of and exposure to a working studio environment. The Company makes a special effort to provide the support and training needed to prepare interns to succeed in real-time projects and assignments.
Summer 2019 Internships start in June 2019 and are generally 10 weeks long. To be eligible to participate in our internship program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Must be enrolled in pursuit of a degree at an accredited college or university during the entire 10 weeks of the internship.
• Must be available to intern full-time in Burbank, CA from Mondays to Fridays starting June 2019 – September 2019.
• Must be in good academic standing.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to provide own relocation housing and transportation.
• Must be able to provide copy of unofficial transcript.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment seeks a intern for the Selling department. The intern will Support Channel Marketing, Sales Planning & Analysis, and Digital Product Management teams. The intern will be exposed to key topics and activities germane to these areas and will provide insight and support along with recommended actions and strategies.
• Support Channel Team. Tasks include but are not limited to:
• Support retail channel execution for MK 11/Cyberpunk, LEGO and other titles (POP, physical and digital assets).
• Execute Physical and digital store checks.
• Assist with competitive title analysis.
• Assist director and managers on strategic projects and go to market planning.
• Engage in competitive product reviews/benchmarking.
• Manage asset trafficking and deployment for product launches.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Support SP & A Team. Tasks include but are not limited to:
• Opportunity to assume ownership of internal reporting & forecasting improvement project for WBIE Sales Planning & Analysis.
• Assist in the analysis of industry issues and opportunities along with supporting data including competitive titles, retailers, IDG, Screen Digest, NPD and related entities.
• Assist with the forecasting of the competitive title process to ensure consistency across all territories in process, comp titles and methodology. Prepare analysis of any variances.
• Support Digital Product Management Team. Tasks include but are not limited to:
• Assist in digital product management game ''teardowns''.
• Research and recommend best practices around live-ops execution on selected titles.
• Other tasks as assigned.
What do we require from you?
• Pursuit of a college degree in Business, Economics, or related major.
• Experience working with a collection of data using Microsoft Excel, Access and other standard applications.
• Passion and/or experience in videogames.
• Experience in analyzing sales and financial information and providing summary analysis and recommendation.
• Basic understanding of the retail landscape as pertaining to interactive entertainment (Physical and Digital).
• Strong skill set in creating data bases, templates, reporting mechanism etc.
• Experience with applications including Microsoft Office Suite as well as database querying/reporting tools, such as Business Objects & MicroStrategy.