Sr. Manager, Employee Engagement
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises, and it employs creative, passionate people all over the world to make it happen.
Our fast-paced Employee Communication & Engagement team strives to drive a best-in-industry employee experience with communication strategies and programming that connect, activate and empower employees to make an impact at WB, while driving engagement and knowledge around the Studio's business and culture.
We are currently searching for a Senior Manager, Employee Engagement to manage high impact employee programs, events, strategies and activations that align with and support Studio priorities. The role will work closely with partners across the Studio of all levels on high-impact engagement activities, with a heavy focus on inclusion-related initiatives. Programs for which this individual will be responsible include but are not limited to, Business Resource Groups (employee-led groups which lead programs and events that foster an environment of inclusion, belonging and understanding), high-visibility events, a global employee-generated-content program, and many others. The role will work hand-in-hand with communications leads on internal and external facing strategies that inform, drive clarity for and engage employees with Warner Bros. culture, business and employer brand.
The right candidate will be a proven strategist and forward-thinker with experience in, and passion for, driving initiatives that foster a diverse and inclusive environment. He or she will be a collaborator, ready to connect dots and partner across groups and divisions, including regular partnerships with Organization Development, Talent Acquisition, Human Resources and Corporate Responsibility on employee-, candidate- and community-focused programs. He or she will be a problem solver, a strong people manager and a recognized team player with a willingness (and hopefully eagerness) to roll up their sleeves in the trenches with an all-hands-on-deck team. He or she asks, ''what if?'' and instinctively thinks about how to make everything more effective, impactful or awesome.
• Leads strategy, planning, direction and flawless execution of high-profile engagement activities and programs, ensuring reach, impact and alignment with company objectives, and a heavy focus on inclusion-related programming; manages and develops direct reports as well as large cross-divisional teams depending upon the program; acts as a main POC and expert for engagement activities.
• Strategic oversight of Business Resource Groups, including overall positioning and direction, guidance for BRG-led initiatives to ensure alignment with objectives, support/guidance to board members, executive sponsors, Manager of Employee Engagement and HR as needed; drive development and management of updated best practices, as well as necessary policies and guidelines for BRG-related initiatives; lead integration efforts with other employee groups across WarnerMedia and AT&T as needed.
• Collaboration with partners in Organization Development, Talent Acquisition, Community Outreach, Corporate Responsibility, Human Resources and others to develop strategic, collaborative inclusion-focused initiatives and strategies to foster an environment of inclusion and belonging.
• In partnership with communications leads, strategic oversight of ''BTS Stringer'' program, a network of employees around the world creating stories and content for the company's intranet, Behind the Shield; program oversight includes recruiting, editorial calendar, participant and stakeholder engagement, content quality control and editing process, editorial and publishing decisions.
• Planning and execution of high-profile events, often involving senior executives, multiple speakers and complex production; development of long-term strategic engagement event road map, with a focus on high-impact topics and speakers that support Company objectives and culture; regular liaison with senior executives and their offices; expert and counsel on logistics.
• In partnership with communications leads, development and execution of communication strategies for BRGs, BTS stringers and other events as appropriate.
• Develop and ensure ongoing management of data-driven planning and measurement process for engagement activities.
• Serve as expert and counsel to internal and external partners on WB engagement initiatives, inclusion, BRG best practices and more.
• Supports ''all-hands-on-deck'' initiatives including staffing events, distributing marketing materials, participating in meetings, brainstorms, etc.
• Develops/manages budget(s) for respective programs; approves expenses within budget as needed.
• Creates/writes/produces comms/marketing content as needed; including email, printed materials, intranet content, social media content, video, etc. as needed.
What do we require from you?
• 5-10 years experience managing programs in inclusion-focused, volunteer, events, communication/marketing, human resources, corporate communications, corporate responsibility or other related field; experience developing best practices, guidelines, etc. in support of ongoing programs.
• Demonstrated experience and passion for driving diversity and inclusion-focused programs required.
• Proven experience leading and cultivating strategic, ongoing, results-driven programs which activate large numbers of people and achieve company objectives.
• Proven experience overseeing, conceptualizing and driving the direction of large-scale events to meet specific strategic objectives; long-term planning, project management, execution, measuring and reporting are second nature to you.
• Strong relationship-builder with colleagues and partners of every level, including senior management; can listen, collaborate and present sustainable solutions.
• Proven experience being the face, voice and/or decision-maker with all levels, including senior management.
• Proven strength in written and verbal communications; accuracy and quality are non-negotiables to you.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities, pivot, prioritize, move fast, problem-solve and deliver in a fast-paced, constantly flexing environment; both independently and as part of a team; ability to lead staff and team members through direction-changes and pivots.
• 5-8 years of progressive managerial, supervisory and/or coaching experience; must have experience leading projects and teams.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Experience in/with the following preferred:
• Graphic design
• Social media platforms (ideally work-related experience)
• Video technology and trends
• Must be reliable and be available to attend various activities before, during and after regular business hours, when necessary.
• Significant experience in a corporate environment.
• BS/BA or equivalent required; M.A. preferred.
• Eagerness and enthusiasm for rolling up your sleeves, learning, thinking differently, working collaboratively and moving the needle.