Marketing Analytics Graduate Student Intern - Summer
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
What part will you play?
WB Games is the interactive home of some of the most iconic brands in entertainment. From Mortal Kombat and Batman to Harry Potter and LEGO, our storytelling and unique player experiences reach millions of gamers across the world. WB Games is looking for a highly motivated MBA or graduate student intern in the Consumer Insights and Marketing Analytics team who will be responsible for developing and tracking all key business metrics (awareness, purchase intent, sales, retention) and facilitate consistent measurement and data reporting processes across multiple campaigns.
• Analyze, collect, and interpret results from an array of data sources to drive business decisions.
• Connect to APIs (programmatically via Python or via LookML for Looker) to collect, clean, and visualize engagement and reach data.
• Develop actionable insights from analytical models to interpret trends in the games industry.
• Manager the ETL, data wrangling, cleaning for 3rd party suppliers.
• Report on digital media campaign KPIs to benchmark paid media efforts.
• Use Google Analytics to monitor user acquisition funnels and conversion.
• Report on success of paid social media campaigns, engagement, reach, and acquisition.
• Report on player patterns and advise changes to messaging using in-game BI telemetry.
• Connect trends in player engagement and activity with social media efforts, live events, influencers, etc.
• Create dashboards in Looker via Postgres SQL and LookML to visualize trends in player engagement and behavior.
• Prepare analysis of differences in trends by region/platform/player cohort to advise messaging for segment targeting.
• Work closely with digital product and studio teams to test data hypotheses and advise on future implementation.
• Coordinate statistical analysis and modeling and ensure the integration of those tools into the marketing programs.
• As required, perform hands-on analysis in support of results analysis.
What do we require from you?
• Must have a bachelor's degree in quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, etc.). and be in pursuit of an MBA or other graduate degree.
• Have 2 years demonstrated experience in providing marketing analytics support and solutions. This role will manage responsibilities between and integration of traditional (e.g., TV) measurement/optimization with digital marketing measurement optimization to provide clients a holistic view of marketing performance.
• Demonstrated success leading inter-departmental analytics projects autonomously, successfully leveraging cross-functional team members to drive actionable insights.
• Track record of translating business questions and decisions into marketing analytics and production efforts that are supported by data sciences, analytics, data management, testing, personalization and operations.
• Collect, process, and analyze large data sets through both 1st party and 3rd party vendors such as Playstation, Microsoft, Steam, Twitch and social media tools like Netbase, Tubular, and Crimson Hexagon.
• Strong presence to present persuasive recommendations to leadership as well as key external stakeholders, including ability to communicate complex ideas and recommendations that highlights a clear decision framework based on analysis and experience.
• Expert level Postgres SQL skills and ability to query/create databases through AWS redshift or tools like Snowflake or Looker.
• Ability to programmatically make API calls using Python to publishers and other media supply vendors.
• Passion for gaming.