Manager, Human Resources
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Manager, Human Resources for the HR WHE, DC/CP, Theatrical department. The Human Resources Manager supports the human resources practices and objectives that will provide a high-performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. Areas of focus include employee engagement, organizational development, performance management, employee and management coaching, recruitment and staffing, and employee relations.
• Build and maintain solid relationships, working effectively with group leaders, management, and employees. Assist employees with mentoring and coaching, including career counseling.
• Supports the process of organizational planning that evaluates current and future business needs and aligns against current and future organizational structure. Conduct and assist in job analysis/evaluation and preparation of job descriptions, expectations and skills inventories. Helps develop recommendations to executive management and implement approved plans.
• Assist in management of the group's talent management process, performance improvement plans and career development process.
• Monitors and advises managers in the performance management process of the company. Monitors the development and implementation of individual performance improvement plans.
• Ensure accurate interpretation and administration of HR policies and programs.
• Collaborate with Recruitment, Compensation, Benefits and Payroll departments to meet the goals of the Corporate Groups.
• Communicate and deliver company driven programs (e.g. annual review, promotions/adjustments, incentive plans etc.) to management and employees.
• Supports business unit heads and their designees to manage financial and headcount budget management (salaries, promotions, temps, overtime, etc.).
• Supports TRP (Total Reward Planning) process. Provides direction and guidance to the WFA Specialist and HR Coordinator to ensure all the related processes are performed in a timely manner.
• Ad hoc projects as needed.
What do we require from you?
• Bachelor's degree required or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development.
• 5 years of experience in a HR Generalist role required, with 3 years of progressive leadership.
• Knowledge and experience in compensation, recruitment, organizational planning, organization development, employee engagement, and employee development.
• Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
• Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the management team that provides overall company leadership and direction.
• General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and experience working with a corporate employment law attorney.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both written and spoken.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and familiarity with Workday is a plus.
• Familiar with complex and dynamic company structures.
• Able to apply common sense and logic to problems rather than relying on strict procedure.
• Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with management and staff at all levels.
• Must be able to work well under time constraints.
• Ability to quickly shift from project to project in a positive and professional manner.
• Excellent organizational management skills.