Intern - Art
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupSalt Lake City, UT
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Avalanche, a division of Warner Bros. Games Inc., seeks art interns for a variety of roles (concept, modeling, animation, environments, FX, technical art, etc.) for the Avalanche Art Department.
We are looking for talented artists with strong art foundations and functional technical skills. Applicants should be creative self-motivated problem solvers who enjoy collaborating in a team setting with other artists, programmers and designers to create an immersive game experience. If this is you, send us your resume and portfolio for consideration.
What part will you play?
• Learn and implement the artistic direction established (references, documents etc.).
• Research subject matter to support and inform team.
• Plan, with your immediate supervisor, the game concept or asset to be created.
• Create required assets considering the game design and technical constraints.
• Have the objects and environments validated by the Lead Artist or Art Director.
• Verify the quality of created assets once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary.
• Any other ad-hoc duties, if necessary.
What do we require from you?
• One or more of the following skillsets:
• Strong artistic foundation in design, composition, color.
• Creative, with an eye for details.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good knowledge of Unreal4 and Maya.
• Understanding of the technical constraints linked to real time, 3D engines and level editors.
• Good knowledge of Zbrush.
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. (Photoshop, Illustrator).
• Good knowledge of Substance Painter and Designer.
• Preferred internship period: up to 9 months.