Executive Director, Human Resources
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Executive Director, Human Resources will be a part of the Home Entertainment, DC/CP & Theatrical HR team. More specifically, the Executive Director will support the WB Theatrical division and will assure that human resources strategies compliment the goals and objectives of the respective businesses. You will also provide day-to-day oversight and planning of HR activities for all client groups.
• Works with VP, HR and business executives in developing strategies for accomplishing objectives on major human resources initiatives.
• Provides counsel to employees and management on employment issues, in conjunction with Employee Relations, Labor Relations and/or Legal as needed. Assures compliance with federal and state labor and employment law, and collective bargaining agreements. Conducts investigations, provides guidance on performance conduct matters, facilitates the resolution of disputes, interprets company policy, etc. Assists businesses in the development of related guidelines and procedures.
• In partnership with the Org Development group provides guidance and execution support on organization development initiatives relating to culture transformation, organizational design and structure, change management projects, employee and leadership development, succession planning, and team effectiveness.
• In alignment with talent management strategies, oversees divisional recruitment efforts, with emphasis on hard to fill, technical and financial positions, in partnership with Corporate Talent Acquisition. Ensures a diverse slate of candidates is presented for each position.
• Partners with business unit heads and their designees to manage financial and headcount budget management (salaries, promotions, temps, overtime, etc.).
• Participates in and provides guidance in discussions with business units on organization structure matters. This includes determining the appropriate resource allocation, staffing levels by position, and reporting structure. Assures the successful implementation of any changes, including justification of staffing resources, staff reductions, recruitment, promotions, etc. Works closely with Compensation, Talent Acquisition and workforce administration on achieving desired results.
• In partnership with the corporate compensation team, oversees all compensation planning components including the annual TRP (Total Reward Planning) process as well as individual personal services contract negotiations. Provides direction and guidance to the HR Manager, HR Administrator and WFA Specialist to ensure all the related processes are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Oversees temp and independent contractor staffing needs and overall review and approval processes.
• Ensures CBA rules and policies are adhered to for all union matters. Ensures that all employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner, in compliance with federal and state laws and collective bargaining agreements.
• Supervises Manager, Human Resources and HR Administrator. Provides guidance and direction to other human resources staff members as necessary.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• College degree required.
• Human Resources coursework or related training programs required.
• Minimum 10 years professional level Human Resources experience required.
• Previous studio/entertainment industry experience required.
• Previous experience managing Human Resources staff strongly preferred.
• Experience in managing company budgets for salary related costs.
• Experience developing and implementing Human Resources guidelines/practices required.
• Experience in driving and implementing culture and change initiatives.
• Experience with talent management strategy and initiatives.
• Experience with negotiating employment agreements.
• Experience interpreting collective bargaining agreements and dealing with labor attorneys.
• Previous experience that shows the ability to influence and partner with business leaders.
• Extensive working knowledge of labor and employment laws and compliance.
• Proven ability to resolve sensitive and complex employee/management concerns, including disciplinary action practices, employment investigations, exit interviews and employee terminations.
• Significant understanding of Human Resources principles such as salary grades, compensation practices (increases, promotions, bonus structure), general company policy and procedure issues.
• Knowledge and experience in recruitment, succession planning, executive development, employee training and development, and employee orientation.
• Computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Workday and various database/recruitment programs strongly preferred.