Executive Assistant I, Labor Relations
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Studio Facilities seeks an Executive Assistant I for the Labor Relations - Features & TV department. Position provides executive administrative support and performs various administrative duties for two Vice Presidents.
• Creates and maintains feature production files for all Warner Bros. & independent production company features and the database of union agreements relevant to each feature.
• Creates and maintains separate files for union correspondence, negotiations, and grievances for over 40 different unions in Los Angeles as well as other union/guild agreements nationwide and internationally.
• Gathers & coordinates data regarding pending union and guild claims, audits, and production issues with appropriate internal and external representatives.
• Investigates and responds to SAG-AFTRA Background and Principle Actor claims as needed. Interacts with production personnel, casting representatives, payroll and union/guild Business Representatives as required.
• Completes and submits signatory applications and letters of guarantee to DGA, SAG-AFTRA and WGA for each film.
• Maintains various union/guild claim logs, creates files and tracks claims.
• Creates and maintains confidential employee litigation files and log.
• Track the status of WGA Reacquisitions for Labor Relations, Business and Legal Affairs.
• Track the status of American Federation of Musician banking and exchange program and foreign prorations. Coordinates with Labor and Music Department.
• Tracks the status of the union signatory application, pre-production labor meetings and other set up required for each film.
• Processes Union/Guild late payment of dues notices. Interacts with internal and external contacts as required.
• Creates and updates departmental production contact list.
• Reviews, sorts and organizes various production correspondence i.e. deal memos, production reports, travel authorizations, scripts, etc.
• Creates & updates department notebooks, logs, files and file lists.
• Performs file room administration, including maintenance & tracking of all current & historical files.
• Answers heavy phones, screens, logs and places calls.
• Coordinates international & domestic travel & hotel accommodations.
• Arranges supervisor's calendar and schedules meetings.
• Opens, reviews, records, distributes, organizes and prioritizes mail.
• Acts as back up support to department's executive staff on an as needed basis in the absence of their Assistants.
• Makes photocopies of reports, documents and other materials, sends & receives faxes & E-mails, and orders supplies.
• Creates and maintains various files, records, indexes and logs.
• Greets clients, production executives, crewmembers, creative staff and WB executives.
• Performs other related administrative tasks or projects as assigned.
• Assembles paperwork, folders, schedules meetings and drafts correspondence for pre-production meetings with Production Executives, Unit Production Managers, Production Accountants and Transportation Coordinators and other on-production staff as needed .
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
What do we require from you?
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• College degree preferred.
• Previous administrative support experience required.
• Previous Labor Relations and/or Legal experience preferred.
• Previous experience working in a confidential environment preferred.
• Must have proficiency with Windows XP, Excel, Office XP, Outlook XP, Filemaker Pro.
• Must be able to communicate effectively & tactfully with persons on all levels in person & on telephone.
• Must be able to pay close attention to detail and understand written & oral instructions.
• Must be able to work independently; must be able to take initiative.
• Must be able to organize & schedule work effectively; must be able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to work well under time constraints; must be a team player.