Director, Human Resources
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Director, Human Resources for the HR Games, Digital, Technology department. The Director, HR will develop and drive the people strategy for multiple business units within Warner Bros. The position is responsible for driving business results by applying best-in-class HR principles around business planning, organizational design, company culture, training and development, recruitment, performance management, employee relations, legal compliance, etc.
• Responsible for driving HR strategies and providing day to day support for multiple business units. Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment.
• In partnership with the VP, HR, develop the people strategy as it relates to organization design & integration, talent management, compensation, employee development, succession planning, and performance management.
• Owns the compensation planning process for assigned business units and coaches and guides leaders during the review period.
• Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures for managers, teams and individual employees that further the mission, values and strategic vision of the businesses supported.
• Works with management in client groups to identify soft and hard-skill development needs. Consults with Corp Organizational Development for support where needed. Works with management to develop bench-strength in key areas and set effective succession plans. Provides career counseling for employees.
• Handles employee relations issues in a timely and effective fashion. Counsels employees and/or managers regarding a variety of issues. Serves as advocate to both employee and company regarding policies, employee performance, work environment and conflict issues. Serves as primary contact for receiving and investigating employee concerns.
• Oversee the recruitment process and partner with Talent Acquisition to identify recruitment strategies to ensure that roles are filled with top talent in a timely and efficient manner.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Related Field of Study.
• Graduate degree in Human Resources, MBA or related field preferred.
• Minimum 7 years relevant HR experience including employee relations and organizational development.
• Strong business acumen, facilitation, conflict resolution and communication skills.
• Strong business partnership: able to establish credibility and rapport with leaders and employees at all levels.
• Experience working in a complex, matrix environment.
• Project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups.
• Strong employee-relations skillset; can earn trust and credibility with employees in assigned groups.
• Previous experience with a digital, technical workforce.
• Proven influencer; demonstrated ability to coach and counsel both employees and executive-level management.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with senior business leaders, managers, and peers.
• Takes ownership; able to establish self as the 'go-to' HR resource for client organizations.
• Prior media/television industry experience preferred.
• Proven track record of excellent follow-through and execution.
• Able to deal effectively with conflict and manage difficult employee relations situations.
• Effective communicator: keeps all stakeholders apprised of relevant information, status of deliverables.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and balance numerous priorities in a deadline-oriented environment.