Director, Human Resources
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/13/2019 5:28:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Director, Human Resources jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director, Human Resources postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Human Resources? The Job
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Director, Human Resources for the HR Corporate department. Position acts as a business partner with the corporate division specifically covering Finance to assure that human resources strategies compliment the goals and objectives of the businesses. Provides day-to-day oversight and planning of HR activities for all client groups. Partners with corporate human resources entities as needed.
• Works with VP, HR and business executives in developing strategies for accomplishing objectives on major human resources initiatives.
• Provides counsel to employees and management on employment issues, in conjunction with Employee Relations, Labor Relations and/or Legal as needed. Assures compliance with federal and state labor and employment law, and collective bargaining agreements. Conducts investigations, provides guidance on performance conduct matters, facilitates the resolution of disputes, interprets company policy, etc. Assists businesses in the development of related guidelines and procedures.
• In partnership with the Org Development group provides guidance and execution support on organization development initiatives relating to culture transformation, organizational design and structure, change management projects, employee and leadership development, succession planning, and team effectiveness.
• In alignment with talent management strategies, oversees divisional recruitment efforts, with emphasis on hard to fill positions, in partnership with Corporate Talent Acquisition. Ensures a diverse slate of candidates is presented for each position.
• Partners with business unit heads and their designees to manage financial and headcount budget management (salaries, promotions, temps, overtime, etc.).
• Participates in and provides guidance in discussions with business units on organization structure matters. This includes determining the appropriate resource allocation, staffing levels by position, and reporting structure. Assures the successful implementation of any changes, including justification of staffing resources, staff reductions, recruitment, promotions, etc. Works closely with Compensation, Talent Acquisition and workforce administration on achieving desired results.
• In partnership with the corporate compensation team, oversees all compensation planning components including the annual TRP (Total Reward Planning) process as well as individual personal services contract negotiations.
• Oversees temp and independent contractor staffing needs and overall review and approval processes.
• Ensures CBA rules and policies are adhered to for all union matters. Ensures that all employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner, in compliance with federal and state laws and collective bargaining agreements.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• College degree required.
• Human Resources coursework or related training programs preferred.
• 7-10 years professional level Human Resources experience required.
• Previous finance and studio/entertainment industry experience required.
• Experience developing and implementing Human Resources guidelines/practices required.
• Experience in managing company budgets for salary related costs.
• Experience in Learning and Development is preferred.
• Experience in driving and implementing culture and change initiatives.
• Experience with talent management strategy and initiatives.
• Experience with negotiating employment agreements.
• Experience interpreting collective bargaining agreements and dealing with labor attorneys.
• Previous experience that shows the ability to influence and partner with business leaders.
• Extensive working knowledge of labor and employment laws and compliance.
• Ability to partner and guide HR leaders that support other divisional Finance teams both, domestic and international.
• Proven ability to resolve sensitive and complex employee/management concerns, including disciplinary action practices, employment investigations, exit interviews and employee terminations.
• Significant understanding of Human Resources principles such as salary grades, compensation practices (increases, promotions, bonus structure), general company policy and procedure issues.
• Knowledge and experience in recruitment, succession planning, executive development, employee training and development, and employee orientation.
• Must have effective and proven written and verbal skills.
• Computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Workday and various database/recruitment programs strongly preferred.
• Must be able to gain the confidence of senior level executives in order to be credible and seen as a business partner.
• Must be able to communicate and interface effectively and tactfully with all levels of executives and other employees.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use confidential information appropriately.
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively and effectively adapt to changing priorities.
• Must pay close attention to detail.
• Must be able to work under time constraints and handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to work overtime as needed.
• Must be able to travel when necessary.
• Must be able to work independently. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.