Director, Human Resources
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Director, Human Resources for the HR WBTV Production department. The Director, HR is the point of contact for all HR matters for production employees within Telepictures Production. HR responsibility includes Employee Relations which involves investigations and resolving employment-related conflicts and claims while ensuring compliance with federal and state laws. Additionally, the Director, HR develops and implements HR practices and policies and works with Telepictures Production Management and staff to ensure adherence to Company policies and initiatives. The Director, HR will also provide generalist support.
• Responds to all production employee concerns and complaints of potential unlawful behavior, such as discrimination and harassment, by conducting internal investigations independently or in conjunction with supervisor and at the direction of employment counsel;
• During investigation process, conducts intake meeting(s), witness interviews and conclusion meetings; interprets and analyzes data gathered and works with management and counsel to arrive at decision.
• Provides guidance and advice to production management team in handling day-to-day production concerns.
• Makes recommendations to EVP & General Manager regarding appropriate disciplinary action, including termination of employment as a result of misconduct and/or violation of company policy identified during an investigation. Composes written counseling and termination notices.
• In conjunction with employment attorneys or independently, regularly conducts training sessions to employees on the topics of employment practices and harassment prevention.
• Provides guidance and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures, as well as federal & state laws. Responds to employee inquiries regarding policy interpretation and serves as liaison between production and corporate departments.
• Implements company initiatives within the productions in a timely manner.
• Makes training or learning recommendations for production staff as necessary.
• Provides generalist support, e.g., advice regarding performance management, immigration (liaison between production and Corporate Legal), maintains employee lists and corresponds with Cast & Crew; liaison with Leave Administration.
• Oversees HR business partner within production.
• Oversees special projects as needed.
What do we require from you?
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent related work experience required.
• Minimum 5 years Human Resources and/or Labor Relations management background required with a heavy emphasis on employee relations (or related experience).
• TV Production experienced required.
• Alternative Dispute Resolution knowledge and experience helpful.
• Must be able to demonstrate operative knowledge of Human Resources policies, practices, and procedures.
• Must be able to exhibit knowledge of federal/local laws governing employment issues (i.e., ADA, FMLA, Wage and hour laws, etc.).
• Must have working knowledge of TV production.
• Must be able to handle multiple investigations and projects at one time.
• Must have excellent follow-through and a strong sense of urgency.
• Should be familiar with employment contracts and/or deal memos.
• Must be able to research and analyze material.
• Must be flexible and adaptable.
• Must be able to display computer knowledge. A general understanding of Microsoft applications preferred.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
• Must be able to compose written counselings, summaries and performance improvement plans.
• Must be able to be tactful yet assertive when addressing employee issues and concerns.
• Must be able to utilize diplomacy and adaptability attributes in dealing with senior and production executives throughout the organization.
• Must be able to handle difficult and/or highly emotional personalities.
• Must be able to exercise keen judgment when analyzing and resolving employee issues.
• Must be able to uphold the highest level of confidentiality.