Director, Human Resources
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Director, Human Resources to support WB Games. This role serves as the strategic HR business partner for WB Games publishing groups and oversees the HR function for our San Francisco studio. The Director, HR supports client groups by applying best-in-class HR principles around business planning, organizational design, company culture development, training and development, recruitment, performance management, employee relations, legal compliance, etc. The Director, HR supports the growth and transformation our businesses by taking the lead in developing, implementing and managing competitive HR programs and initiatives across the broader games business. This role also oversees talent acquisition process and programs across our North America game studios. The Director also works closely with the VP in managing central communications with studio staff regarding people programs.
• Interprets HR policies, practices and company philosophy and ensures effective implementation and administration of the same within assigned client groups. Partners with VP, HR and Corp functions to gather information re: organizational perspective and impact, where needed. Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and local legislation and regulations pertinent to employee populations, ensuring compliance across client groups.
• Works with managers to help define and clarify roles and responsibilities. Partners with management regarding department organization and staff responsibilities to ensure effective utilization of resources. Reviews job descriptions and provides guidance and feedback regarding levels. Ensures consistency of levels across client groups. Partners with Corp Compensation to level positions.
• Works with management in client groups to identify soft and hard-skill development needs. Consults with Corp Organizational Development for support where needed. Works with management to develop bench-strength in key areas and set effective succession plans. Provides career counseling for employees.
• Oversees the performance management process through partnerships with management and executive staff.Coaches management on how to best communicate expectations and performance feedback on an ongoing basis. Develops performance plans to correct performance deficiencies, writes disciplinary documentation, partners with Corp. employment attorneys and handles necessary terminations.
• Works with managers and employees to ensure consistency of ongoing performance appraisal process, including the CHAT process. Educates management regarding the appraisal process and performance measurement criteria to ensure consistent application of the programs. Communicates timelines and measures completion, addressing any issues and ensuring consistency. Oversees the administration of the annual merit and bonus programs to ensure equity.
• Handles employee relations issues in a timely and effective fashion. Counsels employees and/or managers regarding a variety of issues. Serves as advocate to both employee and company regarding policies, employee performance, work environment and conflict issues. Serves as primary contact for receiving and investigating employee concerns. Conducts thorough and impartial investigations and determines solutions and/or necessary action.
• Oversees Manager, Talent Acquisition in working with studio HR Directors and management to develop recruitment strategies for WB Games across North America to attract and match talent with studio needs. Develops and manages employer branding programs, industry events, and campus relations programs. Ensures consistency of service levels and practices and provides management level reporting.
• Works with studio HR Directors and management to identify programs and processes targeted at improving operations and making WB Games an employer of choice.
• Leads the evaluation and analysis of programs/processes, assess priority and feasibility, develops and presents recommendations to VP, HR, Corp HR partners and executive management. Oversees the implementation and development of new programs and initiatives. Manages the ongoing execution of HR programs. Ensures high quality of service and satisfaction across client groups.
• Example: Works with studio HR Directors and management to identify soft and hard-skill development needs across the groups. Works closely with Organizational Development to leverage available courses and instructors for studio learning program. As needed, identifies curriculum needs and selects superior vendors through competitive bids. Oversees ongoing program operations.
• Other Duties as assigned
What do we require from you?
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field.
• 8 years experience as an HR generalist.
• Prior games experience preferred.
• Prior experience working in a large multinational company preferred.
• Prior business start-up experience desirable.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to influence key decision makers.
• Must be collaborative and diplomatic, able to build consensus.
• Must possess excellent critical thinking/reasoning and demonstrate sound judgment.
• Effective communication and persuasive skills are required.
• Strong analytical abilities needed.
• Strong organizational skills. Able to manage multiple large projects simultaneously.
• Prior experience managing a geographically dispersed team in different time zones preferred.
• Current knowledge of federal and local employment-related legislation required.
• Solid understanding games or software development preferred.
• Strong computer skills - proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
• Requires travel approximately 5% largely to San Francisco. Other possible locations include Seattle, Salt Lake City, Chicago, Boston, New York and Montreal.