VP, TV Development
Warner Bros. DiscoveryBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/22/2023 11:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Search for VP, TV Development jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all VP, TV Development postings
Full Time Job
The VP, TV Development is responsible for the development of material for television & streaming series and to work on series, staffing and current programming.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Identify Alloy properties as well as outside material to be adapted, developed, pitched and sold to television networks and streaming platforms
• Finds writers for series development, series staffing and streaming development projects
• Works closely with writers to develop pitches, write outlines and give story and script notes
• Oversees production of pilots and series
• Manages database of available writers. This includes ensuring writer, director, and talent information/lists are maintained and current
• Performs additional related duties as assigned
• Minimum 6-10 years relevant work experience
• Minimum 4 years of executive level experience in development at a studio, network, streamer or production company
• College degree in related field strongly preferred
• Knowledge of feature films and/or television (past and present)
• Pop culture and social media awareness
• Knowledge of story structure
• Strong background in creative analysis, script reading and providing notes
• Production/on set experience preferred
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $167,020.00 - $310,180.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.