Vice President, Visual Effects
Warner Bros. DiscoveryBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role…
Provides critical management and leadership in Visual Effects department as outlined below:
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Oversees all aspects of VFX Production. Provides guidance and training to the VFX Producer, Supervisor and crew as required.
• Generates and updates detailed Visual Effects breakdowns and budgets and overall Production Methodology by reviewing scripts and storyboards and discerning appropriate effects related issues from the material, such a location, practicality, filmmaking reality and safety.
• Reviews Production Methodology with Director, Producers, WB Production and Creative Execs, VFX Production staff. Works with group to adapt Production Methodology and budget to changing circumstances as presented. Continues process during all phases of Production.
• Coordinates materials (scripts, breakdowns, etc.) for distribution to Visual Effects companies for bidding. Runs multiple scenarios as required. Approves and confirms VFX vendor creative and technical crew. Further develops this information with input from the EVP, Visual Effects.
• Recruits and hires Key VFX personnel on Productions; In consultation with the EVP, prepares and reviews customized Deal Memos and new hire paperwork for VFX production staff.
• Monitors Weekly Status Reports, Shot Summary Updates, etc. submitted by Production VFX staff. Confirms accuracy.
• Ensures accurate financial reporting during all phases of Production on a Gross and Net basis. Works with vendors and Production Planning to reflect accurate rebate and tax incentive data on a consistent basis.
• Reviews VFX shot / VFX asset work in progress to confirm quality and accuracy of work
• Monitors all VFX vendor contracts, and schedule adherence to ensure contractual deliveries are met.
• Confirms VFX Producer and VFX Accountant databases are correct, reviews weekly reconciliations; Approves and processes Change Orders.
• Maintains a weekly analysis of VFX costs reports and overage requests and completes a departmental weekly budget summary per project that details any additional expenses or savings and tracks exact number and types of shots.
• Reviews Visual Effects contracts ensuring adherence to VFX policies pertaining to retaining assets, credit guidelines, etc.
• Acts as a direct project manager on shows that do not have a designated VFX staff assigned to them. Liaisons between production, editorial and vendors; tracks shots from shoot through final delivery; manages all aspects of effects budget.
• High school diploma required
• College degree preferred. Film studies would be a significant plus
• Mac skills required. Proficiency with Excel required
• A thorough knowledge of the Visual Effects process is essential (from budgeting to final delivery of films).
• Knowledge of database programs such as Shotgrid, Filemaker, Pix
• Experience in estimating and production management of Visual Effects is essential.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions
• Must have the ability to prioritize, organize and schedule work effectively
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints and allow flexibility for daily demands of the department
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Diplomacy and discretion in dealing with sensitive issues and confidential matters are of paramount importance
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $167,020.00 - $310,180.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
$145,250.00 - 269,750.00 per year