Technical Services Technician - Warner Bros. Studio Touru00a0london - Fixed Term
Warner Bros. DiscoveryLeavesden, UK
This was removed by the employer on 4/28/2023 5:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Technical Services Technician - Warner Bros. Studio Touru00a0london - Fixed Term jobs in Leavesden-UK
Search all Technical Services Technician - Warner Bros. Studio Touru00a0london - Fixed Term postings
Full Time Job
Location: Leavesden, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Technical Services Technician: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter Warner Bros. Studio Tour London (WBSTL) is one of the UK's most popular visitor attractions, is ranked as the No. 1 ''Thing To Do in the UK'' on Trip Advisor where it has also been awarded a Certificate of Excellence for every year of operation and has achieved consistent visitor growth since opening in March 2012.
The tour is built using world-class, industry leading AV and show technology. Following three major expansions where our technical infrastructure and breadth of responsibility has grown, we are looking to recruit an exceptional multi-skilled Technician to join an established team, ensuring that we are pushing boundaries and constantly maintaining high presentation standards to help the attraction exceed visitor expectations. If industry leading AV systems like QSYS, Medialon, Pharos, ETC, 7th Sense and Green Hippo excite you, and you have demonstratable skills across audio, video, lighting, power, set, props and general day-to-day maintenance then this is the job for you!
Please note that this position will be offered initially as a fixed term contract
Primary Purpose of the Job
The role acts as frontline Duty Technician as and when required in response to the day-to-day technical needs of the attraction and the Technician is required to provide the highest levels of customer service to visitors to the attraction and internal customers. Starting up, maintaining and shutting down the show to the same consistent high standards each day is our primary focus, and working to a strict set of preventative maintenance regimes to maintain the magic is what we are all about. We utilise our wide range of skills to provide occasional logistical support across all areas of the Studio Tour providing an excellent standard of service.
• Ensure all WBSTL technical and exhibition related maintenance requirements are delivered within agreed schedules and standards.
• Assist with the delivery of live/corporate events as and when required and support the technical needs of external clients and stakeholders.
• Ensure public and staff safety at all times.
• Monitor protection of assets and equipment within the tour areas in order to maintain the level of quality, reliability and maximise life span.
• Comply with internal health and safety regulations and working practices at all times.
• Maintain good communication channels across all departments including Visitor Experience, Studio Facilities and Corporate Archive.
• Work as part of a project team for future development and installation projects as directed by the Technical Services Manager/Team leader. Develop, pitch and deliver individual projects to further enhance the visitor experience.
• Contribute to the day-to-day running of the Studio Tour and form part of the Visitor Services team covering weekends, evenings and school holidays 363 days a year involving early morning and late evening shifts.
• Assist in the general maintenance and logistical support of one of the leading visitor attractions in the world, including but in no way limited to audio, lighting, video, sets, props, show control, animatronics, special effects, atmospherics, fixtures, fittings and everything in between.
Ideally, the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Proven track record in a similar maintenance position, preferably in the entertainment, visitor attraction or service industry.
• Knowledge of live event production and the relevant audio-visual skills involved in the delivery of such events.
• Experience of working with integrated audio-visual show systems, fault finding and trouble shooting these as required. This includes (but not limited to) complex theatrical lighting systems, integrated DSP audio, video systems including servers, signage players, projectors and screens, show control and atmospheric effects.
• Completing stringent start up and shut down checks of the entire tour to ensure consistent handover to the operational teams and being able to rectify and communicate issues and faults in a timely and professional manner.
• High standards of record keeping, data analysis and written evidence for stringent data capture.
• Basic carpentry and maintenance skills and a good working knowledge of workshop environments and tools.
• Previous experience of working in an operational and customer facing environment where there are significant numbers of the general public on site.
• Previous experience of working as part of a team.
• Fully conversant with and possesses an excellent up to date working knowledge of statutory and legislative regulations. Practical knowledge of health and safety regulations relating to relevant areas such as contractor management, safe handling and usage of COSHH, working at height including IPAF and LOLER, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
• Proven IT skills with a sound knowledge of Office 365 and production based software/hardware like video editors, audio DAWs, format conversion, Adobe Creative Suite etc. Ability to support, maintain and deploy portable devices such as Apple iPads and integrated touchscreens for show control and integration.
• Knowledge and understanding of audio visual standards, protocols, formats and restrictions (such as video aspect ratios, frame rates, resolutions etc and audio sample rates, formats)
• Ability to work with others in order to develop aims of the business, whilst being flexible and able to adapt to working in a highly dynamic and demanding environment.
• Ability to schedule and prioritise multiple tasks assigned from all areas of the business.
• Basic knowledge of localised networking and IP based control systems.
• Experience in temporary electrical installations including mains and signal cable assembly and fault finding.
• Ability to work and strive to deliver results under pressure.
• Personable manner and ability to communicate effectively with colleagues.
• GCSE Maths and English, grade C or above.
• Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline (such as Technical Theatre, Audio/Visual Engineering, Control Systems etc).
• Significant demonstratable experience within a production/show/visitor attraction-based environments and their associated technologies.
• Relevant qualifications related to the role such as PASMA, IPAF, Forklift would be advantageous.
• Training courses in AV rel