Warner Bros. DiscoveryNew York, NY
Full Time Job
EntertainmentCareers.Net Member Summary:
**We are testing this summary, please let us know if you like this feature**
Salary Range: $227,500.00 - $422,500.00 salary per year
Job Summary: The SVP, Production will be responsible for overseeing the creative and logistical aspects of approximately 500 hours of True Crime documentary programming and other unscripted crime-related content across linear and streaming platforms at WBD.
Required Previous Experience: Minimum of 10 years hands-on production & development experience in long-form and short-form non-fictional genres, & general entertainment.
Top 5 Skills Required:
1. Demonstrated creativity and ability to generate new ideas and translate them into high-quality TV programs.
2. Proficiency in TV production economics and management.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
4. Outstanding editorial judgment and creative abilities.
5. Demonstrated leadership skills.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience.
End EntertainmentCareers.Net Member Summary
**Your New Role...**
The SVP, Production will serve as a key member of ID's Management Team, contributing to strategic planning, network direction, and channel and content management. The role involves overseeing all creative and logistical aspects for approximately 500 hours of True Crime documentary programming and other unscripted crime-related formats across linear and streaming platforms at WBD.
**Your Role Accountabilities...**
- Help create overall strategy of content for new and returning series.
- Oversee production of original programming and programming elements for ID content.
- Supervise editorial management over multiple outside production companies on multiple series simultaneously and in coordination with internal departments to ensure timely and on-budget production and delivery of commissions and co-productions.
- Evaluate team's work and refine as needed in preparation for (and throughout) production.
- Inform and involve key departments on projects throughout all stages of the pipeline to maximize their value to the company.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the production community and independent producers.
- Collaborate with development team on the ideation and delivery of commissions and help create overall development strategy.
- Perform in a leadership role & manage members of the production staff.
- Oversee new talent strategy as well as develop and maintain relationships with key network talent.
- Represent ID at key programming markets, conventions and other functions.
- Function as executive producer on select projects; may be called upon to write, rewrite, produce as needed.
- Establish and maintain procedures for in-house production.
**Qualifications and Experience...**
- Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience.
- Recent relevant leadership experience managing large teams.
- Minimum of 10 years hands-on production & development experience in long-form and short-form non-fictional genres, & general entertainment.
- Proven record of demonstrated creativity with an ability to generate new ideas and translate them into high-quality TV programs.
- An independent thinker and idea-generator who is also a team player.
- Proficiency in TV production economics and management.
- Ability to manage outside producers, build credibility and strong working relationships with other internal executives and generate commitment to goals.
- Knowledge of all aspects of contemporary production and post-production capabilities.
- Outstanding editorial judgment and creative abilities, strong verbal and written communications skills, and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
$227,500.00 - 422,500.00 per year