Senior Post Production Engineer
Warner Bros. DiscoveryBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/25/2024 8:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Senior Post Production Engineer jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Post Production Engineer postings
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
Your New Role...
The Sr. Post Production Engineer supervises and is responsible for all the workflows, hardware, and software for the creative team. The Sr. Post Production Engineer will create and manage a controlled environment for the Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing (WWTVM) team. Key duties and responsibilities are: utilizing technology and processes to enhance the visual impact that a film or television sequence may have, working with colleagues and clients to resolve technical problems that may occur with hardware and software, providing the technical support for the creative staff throughout the end-to-end post-production process, specifying and defining the equipment to be used in developing content (keeping abreast of and using new technologies where available), and acting as the technical expert on equipment issues, configuring post-production equipment to ensure that it is operating effectively.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Maintain Data Center (Shared Storage, LTO, Interplay, VMware, etc)
• Testing, improving, and creating new workflows
• Researching new equipment for the business unit
• Troubleshooting with/for editors
• Manage and implement new equipment within the Data Center
• Assist with Cloud based workflows
• Work with other teams across WB/WM
• Performs additional related duties as assigned
• Minimum 3 years in post-production editorial environment.
• Minimum 3 years as assistant editor in Avid environment.
• Previous entertainment industry experience required.
• Experience in content marketing a plus.
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• BA/BS Degree or other comparable training.
• Experience in fast-paced post-production environment with multiple editors, producers, and stakeholders, working under tight deadlines.
• Be an energetic problem solver who can present creative concepts and solutions.
• Extensive hands-on experience with Avid Isis, Avid Interplay & Avid Media Composer in an offline/online environment including a basic understanding of troubleshooting procedures.
• Must be experienced using Media Asset Management (MAM) systems.
• Must be experienced with Stornext and Isilon.
• Deep understanding of industry best practices for tiered storage management and archive using LTO and cloud storage in a post-production environment.
• Experience with Atempo Digital Archive, SGL, AWS and Azure
• Understanding of Reach Engine, Telestream Vantage, DaVinci Resolve.
• Experience with creating, adhering to, and enforcing delivery specs including the ability to use a waveform monitor/vectorscope for picture and standard metering tools in Avid for audio.
• Developing large-scale workflow changes with many stakeholders.
• Experience in creating DCPs, Digest and KDMs for screenings.
• Maintain a high standard of technical quality in accordance with broadcast standards.
• Strong project management skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Solid communication, people, and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of creative terminology - artwork (image formats, graphics, logos, etc.), video (duplication, etc.), new technology (platforms, libraries, DAM, etc.)
• Must have extensive knowledge in all video resolutions, formats and codecs. (3480x2160, 1920x1080, UHD, DNXHD, ProRes, MXF…)
• Must have working knowledge of VMware ESXI.
• Experience with networking and troubleshooting network relate issues.
• Author and burn BLU-RAY's and DVD's.
• Creation and prep of EDLs, AAFs, XMLs for finishing.
• 24/7 on-call capability during critical periods and projects
• Must have ability to communicate effectively & tactfully with persons on all levels through all mediums
• Must be detail oriented, self-starter
• Must be able to multi- task and work well under time constraints
• Must be a quick thinker and able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Empathy is essential to relationship-building and understanding users' needs
• A desire to constantly innovate and optimize is encouraged
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $54,600.00 - $101,400.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.