Senior Distribution Operator
Warner Bros. DiscoveryLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 2/17/2023 5:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Exhibition & Distribution Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Distribution Operator jobs in London-UK
Search all Senior Distribution Operator postings
Full Time Job
Location: London, United Kingdom
As Warner Bros. Discovery's portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Enterprise Technology & Operations (ET&O) team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Warner Bros. Discovery is known. ET&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Warner Bros. Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Warner Bros. Discovery’s growing pay-tv, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Warner Bros. Discovery forward at the leading edge of technology.
The successful candidate will work as part of a unified “virtual” team; the Technology Operations Centre (TOC). The TOC includes Distribution Operations, Network Operations, Infrastructure Operations, and Digital Platform Support Operations, ensuring the monitoring and maintenance of all Warner Bros. Discovery’s linear and non-linear output as well as supporting IT infrastructure and leading responses to all incidents within our infrastructure.
Reporting to a Duty Operations Manager, this position is critical in monitoring and supporting Warner Bros. Discovery’s Global television distribution infrastructure and supporting our Live Events output. As well as undertaking the role of the Distribution Operator, the Senior Distribution Operator will have a deep, technical understanding of the distribution broadcast system and offer the experience required to support more junior team members. This critical role is a point of escalation for the Distribution Operators and will also be accountable for the training of teams, development of operational procedures and ensuring adherence to best practice.
• Monitor all of Discovery’s channels within our global distribution networks
• Handle the necessary switching of transmission systems during normal or emergency conditions to ensure that all services remain on the air
• Provide input and issue written reports to various factions of the Global Technology & Operations groups about transmission system reliability.
• Monitor the health of every on-air and backup system confirming all Discovery Networks are operational and operating within proper performance specifications
• Manage and control local and national fiber connectivity between WBD facilities and remote locations throughout the world.
• Perform on-site quality control and proof of performance testing of ad hoc programs and full-time services.
• Develop corporate oversight/participation in Transmission Technologies
• Strengthen management of key transmission related initiatives within Discovery
• Create and update documentation and procedures
• Severity 1, 2, and 3 outage notifications/updates/resolutions
• Monitor Discovery’s production network in real-time
• Implement, or assist with implementation of, changes to distribution infrastructure
• Work closely with other Technology Operations and Distribution staff to ensure success of daily operations
• Uphold professional ticket management for the benefit of the rest of the global support teams by ensuring all ticket types are logged, work logs comprehensively updated and then carefully manage routing to ensure resolution
• Maintain on-going communication with customers, keeping them up-to-date with the progress of their tickets
• Serve as a liaison between other support teams and the customer as required by working collaboratively across all leadership levels
• Ability to embrace and support new technologies introduced first hand to Distribution and IT
• Keep Knowledge Base(s) up-to-date
• Experience with Domestic and International Television Satellite compression and distribution systems preferred.
• Working knowledge of digital baseband signals, SDI, HD-SDI and ASI for video and PCM, Dolby D and E and its variants for audio signals.
• Working experience with Television Distribution Systems – fibre and satellite based, as well as Satellite Monitoring and control Systems.
• Specific experience and expertise in troubleshooting and correcting signal quality issues, signal routing, systems integration and maintenance and use of Video, Audio, RF and Transport Stream Analysis equipment is required.
• Candidates should have a basic knowledge of architectural, mechanical, and electrical systems and their interaction with the distribution equipment
• Able to work without supervision, combining initiative with discretion
• Computer literacy, excellent oral and written communication abilities and close attention to details are required
• Able to communicate technical matters to technical and non-technical audiences
• Must be able to independently research, troubleshoot, and resolve trouble tickets within established Service Level Agreements
• Ability to provide Total Call Ownership to include handling irate customers, escalating issues as appropriate and providing the necessary follow up before incidents are closed
• Ability to define & document IT support procedures as required
• Ensure all issues are logged and tracked through to resolution leveraging the ITIL principle of Incident, Problem and Change management.
• Coordinate with vendors and 3rd party suppliers on relevant issue reporting/resolution, post incident reports,
• onboardings, service reviews and system migrations/deployments
• Engage in regular internal stakeholder meetings (customer services, production/content operations, QA team, product owners and engineering teams)
• Perform sanity checks on back-end systems and front - end platform after deployments and releases and provide feedback to engineering teams regularly
• Update department support documentation (Knowledge base, run book) promptly to reflect all changes
• Act as the initial point of escalation for the team for all technical issues/queries.
• Aid and occasionally, handle major incidents across all of Discovery’s Digital platforms in line with the department’s major incident management process.
• Initiate root cause analysis report after every major incident and/or recurring issues, engage relevant internal/external stakeholders for their input where applicable and identify action items i.e. drive the report from start to finish prior to submission for leadership review.
• Prepare and send out relevant end of day status reports.
• Drive the report from start to finish prior to submission for leadership review.
• Ensure all logged incidents and client/production team queries are dealt with accordingly and within agreed SLAs daily.
• Work alongside manager, business analysts and devops to drive continual team process and skills improvement from feedback and analysis.
• Act as a super-user for new application/process onboardings, prepare detailed and clear documentation and then offload knowledge/process to the rest of the team.
• Assist Duty Manager in defining, documenting and maintaining the team’s daily tasks/housekeeping.
• Lead and represent the team on internal/external stakeholder meetings, be it regular service reviews or projects.
• Ensure team documentation/knowledge base and processes are up to date
• Maintain team skills grids, ensuring staff are current and su