Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Warner Bros. DiscoveryLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/16/2023 9:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Director, Corporate Communications jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Director, Corporate Communications postings
Full Time Job
Senior Director, Corporate Communications (News Monitoring and Social Media)
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
The Senior Director, Corporate Communications (News Monitoring and Social Media) will oversee two separate teams: News Monitoring and Social Media, and will be responsible for managing both teams’ day-to-day activities, including: developing and implementing plans for news gathering and analysis, the corporate editorial calendar, and corporate social channels; and creating promotional plans and processes for the social channels and overseeing corporate media and social monitoring efforts. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and independent self-starter with expertise in the areas of social media and media monitoring, as well as experience managing multi-functional teams. This position will dually report to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications (Executive Communications) and the Vice President, Corporate Communications, and will manage a team of at least six people.
• Lead media monitoring activities by third-party vendor(s), responsible for tracking all mentions and/or discussions of Warner Bros. Discovery and its businesses.
• Manage analysis of media reporting across multiple platforms.
• Oversee the delivery of Real Time News Alerts to appropriate leaders and public relations teams company-wide.
• Oversee the creation and maintenance of the corporate editorial calendar.
• Manage, motivate and mentor a team of 4
• Oversee the development and implementation of a corporate social media strategy to engage desired audiences, increase traffic, and promote company and business unit-level priorities and objectives.
• Set goals, determine guidelines, and help conceptualize corporate-level social media campaigns.
• Lead cross-functionally with company-wide Social teams to ensure consistency and coordination in messaging.
• Manage, motivate and mentor a team of 8
• 10 -12 years of experience in communication, media monitoring and social media planning/marketing strongly preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of the media industry and related issues strongly preferred.
• Experience developing and delivering communications in fast-paced, highly dynamic environments strongly preferred.
• In-depth experience with social media and its application as a corporate marketing tool required.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, able to balance multiple time-sensitive projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to interact with executives and teams enterprise-wide.
• Ability to build trusted relationships with stakeholders at various levels across a global company.
• The ideal candidate will embrace opportunities to take on greater responsibilities and grow in the role. They must also be available to travel, and work nights and weekends at publicity events and conferences, as needed.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $126,350 - $234,650 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros Discovery requires vaccination for employment consideration, except where prohibited by law. Discovery will consider requests for exemption from this requirement upon an offer of employment. Employees with approved exemptions due to health or religious reasons must abide by weekly rigorous COVID-19 testing protocols.
Warner Bros Discvoery is an equal opportunity employer. Warner Bros Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Transparency In Coverage
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com