Warner Bros. DiscoveryLondon, ON
This was removed by the employer on 4/8/2023 1:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Retail Assistant jobs in London-ON
Search all Retail Assistant postings
Full Time Job
Retail Assistant, Kings Cross Station U Platform 9 U00be
Location: London, United Kingdom
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Our studios are considered one of the foremost motion picture and television production and post-production facilities in the world. They inform, engage, and transport audiences to new worlds. The key to that lies with our Studio Operations group, which includes areas like soundstage/backlot set rentals, events, design, culinary, construction, landscaping and much more. Whether it's hosting an unforgettable studio tour, creating an optimal workspace, or equipping talent to tell the best stories, these teams lay the foundation for the memorable experiences we provide.
Fantastic opportunity to join Platform 9 ¾ at our Harry Potter Store in Kings Cross Station as our new Retail Assistant. Do you have experience in a retail, customer service or visitor focused environment? Apply today!
Your New Role...
To work as part of the sales team to provide each customer with an optimum level of customer service, and to ensure the retail store meets sales targets. Maintain visual standards and support effective stock management.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Provide and continuously develop your product knowledge
• Replenishing stock and maintaining high standards of merchandising and housekeeping.
• Displaying good listening skills, identifying customer needs and responding to them quickly.
• Showing flexibility and willingness to meet store needs during the period of employment regarding hours, work and duties.
• Adherence to all Company policies and procedures e.g. timekeeping, absence reporting procedures etc.
• Confidence to engage with groups of customers at a time and relay product information in an enthusiastic and entertaining manner.
• Engaging with customers on photo opportunities outside the shop.
• Previous retail experience or experience working with the public (if a school leaver, work experience is desirable)
• Selling skills - proactively seeks out opportunities to increase sales.
• Able to communicate clearly and confidently with the public.
• Able to use own initiative.
• Enthusiasm and passion for, as well as excellent knowledge of, the Harry Potter brand.
• Due to the adaptive nature of this role flexibility is required to suit the needs of the business.
• Roles within the retail team will include working on our tills, interacting with customers and replenishing our shelves. All Retail Assistants will need to work across all these functions at different times.
• Flexibility to be able to work up to 40 hours a week on a shift pattern, we have a variety of contracted hours to offer.
Business Unit Overview:
Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden (WBSL) is a purpose built, state-of-the-art film and television studio offering one of the largest facilities in the UK. It also owns Set, Lighting and Rigging - a rentals division, WB De Lane Lea - a post-production facility and Leavesden Park - a contemporary office complex. It is the only Hollywood owned studio of its calibre to be operated in the UK. On site at WBSL, is Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter (the Tour) which is the only place in the world to showcase the authentic sets, props and behind-the-scenes secrets of the Harry Potter films at the location where they were made. It has attracted over 13 million visitors since opening in 2012 and features three retail stores with merchandise celebrating the Harry Potter film series.
In December 2018, WBSL acquired the Platform 9 ¾ group which sells Wizarding World merchandise, souvenirs, and collectibles. It includes shops at Kings Cross Station and Heathrow Airport.
Alongside the other owned and operated retail businesses of Warner Bros. (including the Tour, and a Flagship Store operation), the Platform 9¾ Group continues to grow. This includes proposals for new shops, designing and developing exclusive product, expanding ecommerce operations, and exploiting new areas of commercial development.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.