Warner Bros. DiscoveryRemote, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/2/2022 8:48:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Production Assistant jobs in Remote-NY
Search all Production Assistant postings
Full Time Job
Production Assistant (CNN )
Location: United States - New York - Remote
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN . With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN , a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The Production Assistant will report to the Director of Contributors. In this role, you will help producers experiment, develop and create the next generation of video content.
• Work closely with editorial team to assist with all elements of production
• Assist in compiling research
• Assist with any fact checking to ensure that all content meets the quality, journalistic and legal standards of CNN
• Edit selects or cutdowns of content
• Write drafts of compelling interview descriptions, guest bios, and headlines
• Help manage workflows, calendars, and team communications
• Pitch compelling, informative, community-building, creative content
• Meet aggressive deadlines while completing high quality and on-budget work
• Partner with various internal stakeholders within the team and across the organization
Must be detail and process-oriented and capable of multitasking and coordinating many moving parts. I nherent curiosity and strong inclination for news, trending stories, and current events is critical.
• College degree or equivalent experience
• 1 years editorial and digital news environment experience
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Passion for topical news and key issues of the moment
• Understanding of diverse video formats, from live programming to storytelling
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Ability to collaborate under pressure with diverse staff, talent, and other on-air personalities
• Proficiency in adobe suite, a plus Must be agile and adaptable in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.