Warner Bros. DiscoveryLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Location: London, United Kingdom
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Rocksteady Studios is an award-winning, critically acclaimed video game developer. Founded in 2004, we are home to the widely celebrated Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time. We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values. Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
Your New Role…
Our Producer will take responsibility for their department's resources, their scheduling, and the completion of that department's work for the game. They will be involved in all stages of development, from initial concept to the completion of the finished product, and will need to excel in managing both high level organisation (scheduling, resource planning) and the daily low level tasks, dealing with ad-hoc issues and problem solving.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Planning the team's work schedule, alongside Development Leads & Directors, to deliver milestone work on time to the required quality
• Managing the team's weekly sprint to ensure that work is delivered on time. Working with developers to manage dependencies and blockers. Ensuring that developers have the support they need to complete their work to the highest standards
• Monitoring and identifying areas of risk in the project, devising solutions and contingencies as required, and monitoring cross-team dependencies to flag areas of risk
• Working with multiple department stakeholders to ensure any design changes are scoped, reviewed and communicated, and adjustments to schedules are evaluated thoroughly.
• Facilitate development meetings – with numerous stakeholders and decision-takers - ensuring outcomes and tasks are documented, and schedules are updated
• Supervision of outsourced work: working with Leads to ensure work is delivered on time, to agreed quality, from a range of partners
• Work closely with QA Leaders to ensure milestone testing is scheduled effectively, issues are tracked and prioritised correctly, and QA output, data and insights are communicated back to the team promptly
• Supporting the team daily, to ensure bottlenecks are removed (i.e. hardware, tooling), new joiners are well supported and mentored, training and upskilling is made available to the team
• Motivating and encouraging the team to make sure that they are supported and that high quality work and effort is celebrated and rewarded
• Experience working to produce a complex game, with responsibility for scheduling developers work and managing project risks
• Extensive experience with JIRA and/or similar project management tools
• Experience working with external partners on outsourced development requests
• Experience working to facilitate project management meetings – driving for alignment and clarity in outcomes with stakeholders
• Experience working to produce on AAA Multiplayer titles for Consoles & PC
• Experience owning the production of features/content, from concept to delivery
• Experience working to identify and improve development processes, using data to measure efficacy of results
• Familiarity with Shotgrid
• Familiarity with Perforce
• Experience building and developing teams to create high-quality work, grounded in people-first values
• Passion for game development & games design across multiple genres
• Broad knowledge of DC Comics IP & popular culture impact across comics, cinema and games
If you do not meet all the requirements, but after reading through the
description you feel excited about the position, and believe you'd still be a great fit for the role we'd still love to hear from you!
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.