New Media Designer
Warner Bros. DiscoveryAtlanta, GA
Full Time Job
New Media Designer (Temporary)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role…
• The New Media Designer is proficient in vizrt. The position is responsible for software architecture, integration, operations/engineering support, development in new software (u-touch/magic wall), as well as some of their typical design abilities.
• This position will work in conjunction with the New Media Producers/Magic Wall team as well as Viz operations support.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Develop design concepts and see projects through to completion and implementation on multiple platforms. This regularly includes the creation of innovative user interface solutions as well as testing and continued support for the created real-time graphics systems.
• Effectively communicate with Art Directors and Producers to coordinate production and distribution of design elements.
• Coordinate efforts with personnel in Editorial, Broadcast Operations, and Engineering on the delivery, implementation and quality control of new products and workflows.
• Develop unique scripting solutions for the Vizrt design and playout environments as well as the Design Vizrt infrastructure.
• Explore the integration of new technologies with animation, motion graphics, and graphic design to support journalism and deliver innovative and engaging content.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose application and system-related issues and bugs. Quality control of on-air graphics. Custom coding to expedite process
• Assist in managing and organizing assets within the Vizrt folder structure.
• Help team members learn and grow
• 4+ years of television production, or equivalent work history, with extensive experience supporting live and in-studio regular programming.
• Degree from accredited art program with emphasis in graphic design, web design, illustration, 3d animation, visual communications or related field, or equivalent work experience with a demonstrated knowledge of graphic design. Completed coursework in computer science is beneficial.
• Ability to work quickly and accurately in a face past news environment.
• Viz Artist Knowledge base: Template Wizard, Director, Viz Trio, Viz Ticker Client, Object Store, Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema 4D, Microsoft Suite.
• Strong communications skills: Regular interaction with producers, design team and other coworkers is essential to meet scheduled deadlines. Ability to respond positively to critiques and constructive criticism. Ability to share curiosity and enthusiasm for broadcast design, and the news in general, with work colleagues
• Flexible schedule: Ability to work extended hours, including overnight hours and weekends as needed
• Reel is required, be prepared to highlight 2-3 case studies and specific contribution for each.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.