Manager, Publicity & Communications
Warner Bros. DiscoveryBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/10/2023 11:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Publicity & Communications jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Manager, Publicity & Communications postings
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
Your New Role…
• DC, part of Warner Bros. Discovery, creates iconic characters and enduring stories and is one of the world's largest publishers of comics and graphic novels. DC's creative work entertains audiences of every generation around the world with DC's stories and characters integrated across Warner Bros. Discovery's film, television, animation, consumer products, home entertainment, games, and themed experiences divisions, and on the DC UNIVERSE INFINITE digital comic subscription service.
• The Manager, Publicity & Communications will be responsible for developing and executing publicity programs and campaigns, internal and external communications for the DC Publishing business, DC UNIVERSE INFINITE, as well as working collaboratively with the business unit functional areas and cross divisionally to create, develop and execute comprehensive consumer and/or B2B-facing publicity campaigns to achieve maximum impact against specific targets.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Actively pitches and secures press coverage with key trade and consumer press outlets to maximize awareness of DC initiatives, and positive DC stories. This includes setting up, scheduling, and staffing interviews, negotiating exclusive coverage for announcements/reveals, securing assets from internal stakeholders, managing corrections, and writing press releases, media alerts, and informational copy
• Supports the Exec. Director and wider division on strategic communication planning, publicity campaign design, executive speaking, conventions and as well as presentation planning for DC.
• Coordinates publicity initiatives with DC Social Media team to ensure accurate extension of messaging to the DC fan community.
• Creates and contributes content for the DC Press Site on DC.com and for DC UNIVERSE INFINITE digital subscription service.
• Maintains effective and collaborative working relationships with DC editorial teams, Talent, and other departments across GBE and WBD.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in consumer publicity and/or communications in publishing and/or entertainment. Brand experience is desired.
• Demonstrated writing skills.
• Demonstrated media relations skills and ability to secure placed stories.
• BS/BA degree in a related field preferred.
• Exemplify knowledge of DC intellectual property.
• Demonstrate a high level of communication proficiency through written and verbal communications, and personal presentation. Speak effectively, positively, and collaboratively. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders and interest groups regardless of level. Be prepared to present as a brand ambassador, business unit expert, and divisional representative on your assignments and wider company initiatives.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of applications, familiarity with modern website technology, social media functionality, and press clipping/mailing list platforms required.
• Strong knowledge of national pop-culture press and comic trade media contacts is desired.
• Collaborative, positive, effective, and proactive working style in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $72,240.00 - $134,160.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.