Manager, Production Technology
Warner Bros. DiscoveryBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/28/2023 1:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Manager, Production Technology jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Manager, Production Technology postings
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
The Manager, Production Technology Specialist will support our pipeline/production team to plan and implement current and future technologies. This role will help lead the pipeline team to innovate and deliver solutions.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Collaborate with IT/Production to design/architect and maintain highly complex workflows critical to the production pipelines. This includes but is not limited to the structure of production software/licensing, and archival and asset sharing systems.
• Research new technologies and software systems used by Production/Post. Work with IT to plan/manage the migration to new systems.
• Create and maintains documentation and instruction manuals to be shared internally and with external clients.
• Facilitate software training across all departments.
• Create strategies to increase efficiencies across all departments.
• Partner with shows to review various production software to troubleshoot issues and ensure teams are trained and up to date on workflows.
• Design customized reporting tools to work between Shotgrid, Blender, Smartsheets and other existing software.
• Develop/design user interfaces for use by Production Management and Creative teams
• Direct and manage initiatives that support WBA growth plans and capital improvement projects as they relate to preproduction, production, and editorial/post.
• Identify/resolve/debug technical issues.
• Perform new duties/jobs as they arise.
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• High School and College
• 3 - 5 years previous work experience in visual effects for film, commercials, or television.
• CG Television Animation production, equivalent production experience a plus.
• 3-5 years previous work experience developing tools for Shotgrid.
• Must understand current industry animation techniques, and technologies
• Knowledge of Smartsheets and Tableau (or similar)
• Familiarity with naming conventions and file organization
• Working knowledge of industry standard production tools. Premiere, Avid, Photoshop, After Effects, Storyboard Pro, Harmony
• Experience with different editorial systems and strategies to improve and automate workflow between production, Premiere, AVID and Quantel
• Management experience
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong documentation skills
• Good technical knowledge of:
• Adobe products
• Networking fundamentals.
• Be organized and detail oriented.
• Be excellent at problem solving and critical thinking
• Have strong communication skills
• Must have ability to lead with a positive attitude and encourage collaboration
• Have a strong desire to want to help and lead by example
• Must be organized and have ability to manage time and balance priorities amid the pressures of busy, deadline-driven production
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks
• Demonstrates ability to be proactive and follows through on every task assigned.
• The job is hybrid.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $95,550.00 - $177,450.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.