Manager, International Media
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role…
Manages International media planning activities for assigned WB Theatrical releases, working within the larger Global Media team and alongside the International Theatrical Marketing team.
Works in partnership with International Media VP and territory teams to develop, execute and manage the use of paid media in all Theatrical marketing campaigns.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Oversees the strategic and tactical execution of international media buys, including but not limited to trailer blast support, digital creative testing, and digital global partners
• Oversees the strategic and tactical execution of digital pan-regional campaigns in LATAM
• Communicates with the regional and local offices as needed to gain local feedback and inform International and pan-regional media strategies and campaigns
• Provides budget information support for International and pan-regional spending and negotiations
• Works with Finance and Marketing to ensure accurate reporting of the media portion of Home Office budgets
• Works in post-campaign analysis and develops recommendations for ongoing media buys
• Works with the Global Media team in drafting the International media strategy based on a review of comparable titles, creative materials available, discussions within team and cross-collaborate with marketing group, brainstorming sessions, and past campaigns
• Reviews media plans with the regional offices and/or the local offices ensuring objectives and strategies are aligned with global priorities and/or are appropriate for local territory requirements
• Works with regional and/or local WBD colleagues to discuss and review local media plans, both Linear and Digital activities
• Supports the automation of purchasing/invoices
• Performs other related tasks and/or special projects on an ongoing basis
• Approximately 5+ years' experience in media planning across all key channels including digital, television, outdoor and radio, with specific experience / expertise in International
• Experience with managing media/advertising costs and developing budgets
• Experience directly related to the motion picture industry preferred
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills required
• Strong oral and written communication skills required
• Strong negotiation skills required
• Must be able to analyze and compare assorted types of media advertising, in addition to analyzing its effectiveness
• Strong knowledge of International media landscape
• Ability to think strategically and innovate in established and new mediums
• Must be able to develop, monitor and manage budgets and expenditures
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels including team members, WB management, film partners, and external partners
• Must be able to work under time constraints in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to work independently and problem solve
• Must be able to juggle multiple projects, stay organized and prioritize deadlines
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, when necessary
• BA in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, or a related field strongly preferred
• Strong digital media background is preferred
• International marketing exposure preferred
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $72,240.00 - $134,160.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.