Warner Bros. DiscoveryLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 2/10/2023 9:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Localisation Producer jobs in London-UK
Search all Localisation Producer postings
Full Time Job
Localisation Producer (Digital- games and apps)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Your New Role…
Based within the EMEA Central Digital Team, the Localisation Producer is responsible for delivering the highest quality localised experience for our fans across all digital platforms. This role is deeply involved in the production of websites, microsites, web games, console games and mobile apps, and is the primary point of contact for translation requests related to digital products deriving from the EMEA, Global or International pipelines.
We are looking for a smart, articulate and inventive individual with a real passion for languages, cultures, technology trends and young audiences, games and apps. Ideally, you will be enthusiastic, flexible, able to juggle multiple deliveries at a time and able to manoeuvre through ambiguity. Collaboration is key to success when working with multiple stakeholders across different markets under strict production timelines.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Project manage end-to-end localisation for digital products across Turner's entertainment brands in all supported languages, including initial planning & consultation, quoting, launch scheduling, delivery of localised content, voice production, LQA, and bug routing.
• Act as the primary localisation point of contact for all cross-functional stakeholders related to your product, explain localisation cycles for various content types, and ensure launches are on time with high degree of linguistic quality.
• Work closely with EMEA and International product teams (games producers in particular) defining and adopting internationalisation and localisation best practices to prevent localisation issues.
• Take role of project lead for a select number of cross-divisional projects each year, representing the team at managerial meeting and managing the budget and delivery according to agrees timelines.
• Develop & maintain key relationships with internal stakeholders such as branding representatives, compliance, marketing and local digital teams and involve them at the right times during the localisation process.
• Partner with teams in EMEA, US, LATAM and APAC to communicate schedules, acquire assets, and secure necessary approvals during localisation.
• Work closely with localisation vendors to ensure smooth execution of tasks, preparing assets and reports where necessary, and supervising the delivery schedule to ensure projects deliver on time and on budget.
• Source new specialist vendors if necessary, as each project requires.
• Support the Localisation Manager in tracking and forecasting localisation costs.
• Identify localisation tool and process gaps and work with the Localisation Manager to enable better support.
• Update Translation Memories and Terminology databases as needed.
• Help provide training and technical support to various users of WBD's Translation System: including junior staff (often in multiple territories), translators, agency project managers, digital producers (in EMEA and across WBD International), local approval managers and local producers.
• Evangelise the use of localisation tools and the team's localisation processes by other teams within WBD.
• Experience in localising content for digital platforms
• Proven track record in identifying and solving complex technical problems and providing alternative solutions where required.
• Strong background in developing innovative solutions and proposals and/ or pilot proof of concepts where off-the-shelf systems do not exist.
• Ability to accept and navigate ambiguity, and to chart direction of localisation projects.
• Experience using CAT tools to manage localization pipeline & workflows.
• Excellent understanding of the language translation process.
• Proven ability to manage weekly, sometimes daily deadlines and work effectively with various teams across multiple time zones.
• Experience with Content Management Systems and interest in learning how to use new systems/tools.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Ability to manipulate translation files (JSON, XML etc)
• Full professional fluency in English
• Knowledge of international markets preferred
• Knowledge of Unity, HTML and Jira preferred
• Have worked on casual, mobile and/or classic arcade type games, preferably on the publisher side preferred
• Experience in localising to Middle Eastern & Asian languages and at least one other language preferred
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.