Warner Bros. DiscoveryBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/31/2024 4:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Publicity/PR Category
Search for Junior Publicist jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Junior Publicist postings
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
Your New Role...
Warner Bros. Television Group is seeking a Junior Publicist. The Junior Publicist will work closely with key members of the Publicity team to spearhead successful publicity campaigns related to scripted programming produced and/or distributed by Warner Bros. Unscripted Television. The position will provide all-around support and assistance to the lead publicist on assigned titles.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Publicity Strategy: Supports the lead Studio publicist on assigned series to devise innovative publicity opportunities aimed at driving consistent, high-value consumer and awards press attention for assigned series. Helps with brainstorming new initiatives and capitalizes on existing assets (casting, series storylines, etc.). Works closely with streaming/cable/network publicity counterparts and WBTVG social media teams to execute campaigns for launch and beyond.
• Publicity Assets: Strategizes with the lead show publicist to select the most compelling video clips, photos, and other promotional/publicity materials that fulfill media needs and best represent series to viewers and other targeted audiences.
• Media Relations: Develops excellent working relationship with members of the press. Understands media desires and crafts compelling pitches to all external outlets. Along with the lead publicist, exercises judgment in deciding which opportunities to pursue, ensuring that Studio objectives are met. Coordinates distributing Studio programming information to national/regional print, online and electronic media.
• Coverage: Monitors outlets to route appropriate stories to the entire publicity and communications team. Collects and sends media coverage (announcements, casting, tune-ins, features, etc.) to Studio executive teams.
• Social Media: Follows best practices and strategies for social media platforms. Works closely with social media team to ensure coordinated outreach across all platforms on behalf of series and talent.
• Events: With the show team, helps plan and execute participation in major promotional events for assigned series, in-person and virtually. Works with social and photo teams to ensure coordinated and strategic plans for covering special events that result in maximum press coverage.
• Publicity Trips: Assists in booking and managing various aspects of performer and/or producer publicity trips (New York, Los Angeles, special events, junkets awards, tours, etc.).
• Specialized Media Outreach: Works across the publicity team to maximize press opportunities for all Warner Bros. Television Group programming regarding targeted press opportunities (multicultural, sci-fi/genre, faith-based, young adult, music, etc.).
• Brand Management/Talent Relations: Partners with the lead show publicist and/or solo, serve as key point person for assigned series, represent the shows to external and internal constituencies, and serves as publicity brand manager/one-stop resource for all information related to assigned programs. Establishes close working relationships and positive rapport with talent, creators, and staff associated with assigned series, including executive producers, key production crew, on-camera performers, and representatives.
• Other job-related duties or projects as assigned.
• 3-4 years entertainment publicity experience required
• Previous experience in television at a studio, network platform is preferred.
• Extensive entertainment consumer press contacts.
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• College degree or equivalent work experience required
• Proficiency in Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Zoom.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
• Passionate about television, entertainment and pop culture with comprehensive knowledge of the industry and trends.
• Able and willing to take initiative, possess good judgment and problem solve as appropriate within the scope of responsibilities of this position.
• Able to collaborate well in group settings, as well as work independently.
• A go-getter and a team player with a positive attitude for whom no job is too big or small.
• Ability to maintain a cheerful disposition in a fast-paced environment and during stressful times.
• Must have the ability to work additional hours as needed.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skillset, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $61,414.00 - $114,054.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.