Hair & Makeup Artist
Warner Bros. DiscoveryWashington, DC
Full Time Job
Hair & Makeup Artist (Temporary)
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
• The position works cohesively with the production team both in studio and on-location, in a fast-paced, breaking new environment
Your Role Accountabilities...
• This position will be responsible for the completion of daily administrative work utilizing advanced technology
• The position requires scheduling flexibility, as hours will shift due to changing programming demands, which could include, weekends, overnights, shift extensions, and holidays
• At least three years of HDTV makeup experience, including airbrushing
• At least three years of hairstyling experience resulting in the mastering of all hairstyling techniques, which include blow-dry round brushing, the use of marcel irons, flat-ironing, and the overall polishing of the final look on all hair textures
• Esthetician or cosmetologist license, or certification from an accredited school, salon, or cosmetic brand or equivalent is required
• Applicant must be able to effectively and diplomatically communicate with clients and coworkers
• Provide top-notch customer service. Experience with high-profile talent is preferred
• Operate with a friendly, positive, self-motivated demeanor
• Work well under pressure in a fast-pace environment
• Computer skills, particularly in Apple software and Microsoft 365, which includes Outlook, OneNote, TEAMS, and SharePoint
• Proactive work ethic towards constantly improving the hair & makeup room experience for clients is a must
• Please include website or IG handle displaying your work
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.