Executive Director, International Media
Warner Bros. DiscoveryBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/17/2023 11:06:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Executive Director, International Media jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Executive Director, International Media postings
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role…
Oversees International media planning operations for assigned WB Theatrical releases, working within the larger Global Media team and alongside the International Theatrical Marketing team.
Works in partnership with International territory teams to develop, execute and manage the use of paid media in Theatrical marketing campaigns.
Responsible for constant clear communication of International media updates and objectives to key internal and external stakeholders, including International marketing and distribution, senior management and filmmakers.
Oversees the paired International Media Manager – providing opportunities for growth and managing performance.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Manages daily development and execution of media plans for specified International Theatrical releases, working closely with territory teams to ensure plans are on-strategy and aligned with global objectives while properly nuanced for each individual market
• Works closely with International Theatrical Marketing and Distribution teams to ensure constant alignment on overall strategic objectives
• Closely monitors and manages media budgets for all International territories, providing frequent updates to internal finance teams
• Manages relationship with central media agency team while also working closely with territory-specific agencies to drive strategic thought leadership and develop best-in-class media campaigns
• Provides regular updates to the territories on areas of media innovation, partner developments and global investment opportunities
• Directly oversees the planning and buying for central media campaigns
• Attends Cross-Functional meetings as International Media representative. Discusses, shares and develop ideas and opportunities with other departments to build consensus and/or troubleshoot issues overall and for use in local plans
• Supervises daily operations of the International Media Manager and manages workload while providing guidance as needed
• Approximately 7+ years experience in media planning across all key channels including digital, television, outdoor and radio, with specific experience / expertise in International
• Strong digital media background is preferred
• Entertainment experience required; motion picture experience preferred
• Experience developing and managing advertising budgets required
• Experience managing an agency team strongly preferred
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills required
• Strong oral and written communication skills required
• Strong negotiation skills required
• Experience managing and supervising teams with the ability to manage a high performing team
• Strong knowledge of International media landscape
• Ability to think strategically and innovate in established and new mediums
• Must be able to develop, monitor and manage budgets and expenditures
• Must be able to analyze the effectiveness of media advertising
• Must be able to supervise, guide and evaluate support staff in the performance of their tasks
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels including team members, WB management, film partners, and external partners
• Must be detail oriented
• Must be able to work under time constraints in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be able to problem solve
• Must be able to juggle multiple projects, stay organized and prioritize deadlines
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, when necessary
• BA in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, or a related field strongly preferred.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $109,900.00 - $204,100.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.