Warner Bros. DiscoveryBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/5/2023 3:03:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Studio Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Editor jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Editor postings
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
Your New Role… The Editor role will manage a line of editorial products within the DC Universe imprint, including but not limited to physical and digital comics, graphic novels, and periodicals, in conjunction with input and mentorship from Executive Editor and Editor-in-Chief. This role will also create new storylines that expand the character mythos and build on the existing foundation of the DC Universe and other robust fictional worlds. Your Role Accountabilities…
• Oversees and develops content and assigned DC titles.
• Manages the creative process from conception through publication. Ensures that schedules and budgets are met, and product quality meets or exceeds DC's editorial standards. Seeks ways to keep ongoing series fresh and exciting.
• Writes tip sheets, cover copy, catalog copy, and other relevant material, and ensures that Sales and Marketing have the required materials in advance of due dates for partners and distributors.
• Supervises and develops junior staff members alongside Executive Editor.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. Qualifications
• At least six years of editorial experience required.
• At least three years of experience in the comic book, print publishing, or related field preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Publishing, Cinema Studies, Art, or a related field strongly preferred.
• Ability to manage a creative team and meet deadlines required.
• Knowledge of art, and the ability to discuss composition, color, and design required.
• Developmental editing experience required.
• Copyediting and proofreading skills required.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully (both verbally and in writing) with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Must have the ability to organize and pay close attention to details.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks and project elements simultaneously.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Adobe Creative Cloud software (Acrobat and Photoshop) required.
• Knowledge of and contacts in the publishing/comic book industry strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of core comic book mythologies and terminology strongly preferred. How We Get Things Done… This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview. The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $53,900.00 - $100,100.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.