Director, Owned Media
Warner Bros. DiscoveryNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/7/2023 1:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Owned Media jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Owned Media postings
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Your New Role…
The Director, Owned Media oversees the day-to-day of all assigned business unit promotion utilizing key performance metrics to optimize across all cross marketing assets. Managing strategists/coordinators of Owned Media, the Director's decisions regarding daily/weekly/quarterly media plans are driven by the agreed upon promotion strategies and bridge the gap between the strategic demands and the requirements thereof for flawless execution across platforms. Director of Owned Media will be responsible for campaign analysis, provide back up to other Owned Media Directors and will be responsible for booking campaigns (digital/linear) as needed. Functioning as a strategic thinker, the Director is part of the Subscriber Growth and Media department and reports to the Sr Director, Owned Media. Within the Owned department, s/he works closely with colleagues from the retention, acquisition and data/tools disciplines. S/he also interfaces with key contacts from other departments including Marketing, Research, Digital, Commercial Operations, Media Logistics, and IT, among others, to ensure promotion execution is in line with agreed upon strategies.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Work with the Sr Director to develop and ensure execution of strategic O&O promotional plans across all content platforms. Provide campaign recommendations for effective use of assets across multiple platforms and oversee optimization of all assets utilizing key performance metrics.
• Lead strategic conversations with internal partners including driving recommendations based on past learnings and analyzing holistic campaign effectiveness
• Lead strategists/coordinators in execution of media plans by providing feedback on a regular basis
• Oversee detailed campaign planning and strategic execution of campaigns including attending necessary meetings, provide log support, and ensure deadlines are met. Ensure audience targets finalized, deliverables determined, and work orders assigned.
• Lead development of post analysis for all campaigns ensuring the story is clear with key takeaways and recommendations. Oversee maintenance of performance reports to track, monitor, and analyze marketing efforts across all platforms.
• Lead/provide support for ad hoc projects or urgent/last minute requests as necessary
• At least 5+ years relevant experience in Media Strategy within an agency and/or television community
• Required working knowledge of optimizers, traffic and workflow systems (ex: AWM, Gabriel, Freewheel) and strong background using web testing, analytics platforms, ad serving
• Candidate must be extremely detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines with a sense of urgency when applicable
• Strong quantitative data skills and the capacity to understand research information and analytics
• Excellent presentation skills with the ability to effectively sell- in material to internal and external network partners and other stakeholders
• Ability to work under pressure with continuous ability to reprioritize, applying media thinking and ''best practice'' knowledge to all areas of media planning with minimal guidance
• Proficient in Microsoft Office systems, specifically in Excel and PowerPoint
• College degree required, Must have legal right to work in the United States
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $95,550.00 - $177,450.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.