Director, Marketing- Dc Comics
Warner Bros. DiscoveryBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role…
This position is responsible for strategically planning and executing marketing initiatives that drive revenue, subscriptions, and engagement across the DC Comics organization. The Director, Marketing is expected to be a strong, hands-on leader with an entrepreneurial mindset who can build and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional partners, while leading a high-performing team in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Develop and execute impactful launch plans for DC Comics publications that continue with post-release campaigns in order to meet and exceed revenue and subscriber targets. Work closely with Brand & Creative, Sales, Communications, Editorial, Talent Management, Digital Product and Social teams to ensure alignment on marketing strategies across all release windows globally.
• Drive global alignment and execution of marketing strategies to ensure coordinated launches and maximum brand and business impact in concert with DC brand, franchise, PR, site, e-commerce, commercial retail, CRM, and social media teams.
• Analyze consumer insights to improve understanding of comics fans to strengthen go-to-market retail plans, customer acquisition and retention efforts, and to drive growth of new and diverse audiences across physical and digital products.
• Influence creative strategy with creative briefs that provide clear guardrails and direction for the development of marketing materials and media assets for pre-release title amplification and post-release push.
• Create executive-level presentations highlighting post-program analyses and benchmarking performance against KPIs, measuring the efficacy of marketing campaigns that will inform future programs and activations. Work with global publishing partners to incorporate key learnings into presentations.
• Track annual marketing budget spending, ensuring maximized campaign effectiveness and CAC efficiencies.
• At least seven years of strategic and tactical experience in brand or product marketing, digital marketing, brand development, and marketing communications, preferably in entertainment, FMCG, or a media agency.
• Bachelor's Degree required, or equivalent experience.
• Experience evaluating and optimizing towards specific subscriber lifecycle KPIs (acquisition, engagement, retention).
• Familiarity with Meta ads, Google ads, Google Analytics, SEO, with an emphasis on efficient spending to generate high ROI and low CAC.
• Familiarity with email/online marketing platforms using SMS and CRM required.
• Highly analytical and a strategic thinker.
• Ability to work effectively with senior level executives.
• Collaborative/relationship builder (works with staff, peers, partners.)
• Must have the ability to influence others, and drive for results in prioritized manner.
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required.
• Knowledge of comics publishing strongly preferred, but not required.
• Previous P&L management is a huge plus.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $105,000.00 - $195,000.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
$105,000.00 - 195,000.00 per year