Creative Manager, Sport
Warner Bros. DiscoveryLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Location: London, United Kingdom
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
To manage a team of Creatives/Digital Creatives working across overseeing and leading the ideation, execution and localisation of 360 promotional assets helping our clients and stakeholders achieve their goals, raising the bar in creative innovation and ensuring consistency of quality. Supervise, direct and, when needed, give hands-on support for the production of creative and marketing assets to promote programmes, channels, platforms and partners across the WBD Sports portfolio. Working closely, collaboratively and proactively with Design, Digital, Production and Client Services Managers to allocate the best teams for the job and collaborate to create outstanding solutions.
Provide sign-off on creative work and present / sell-in to marketing, commissioning & channel management clients as needed alongside Head of Creative/Client Service Manager as required. This role also involves managing a group of creatives and/or freelancers, ensuring their professional growth and the quality of delivered projects.
• Overseeing professional growth and performance of a team of Senior to Junior creatives.
• Overseeing the work of freelance creatives/outsourced creative partners.
• Workload planning and management - working with Production to scope and plan the team's
work ensuring appropriate resourcing – including overseeing of Freelance output.
• Supporting shared resource opportunities and management of workload.
• Liaise with other internal creative teams and departments as necessary – specifically in
maximizing the sharing of creative work and minimising duplication as appropriate
• Supervising the end-to-end video production, including:
o Script/copy writing
o Animation/Motion Graphics Direction with Design Manager
o Video shooting/Direction
o Video/music editing
o VO directing
• Very close collaboration with teams within the Agency and across all verticals to deliver
exceptional creative projects on brief and budget but also to tap into specialised skills and
nuanced knowledge (audiences, cultures, platform specifics etc) as required.
• Receive and effectively interpret marketing briefs (challenging them where necessary)
• Work with Creative, Design and Digital to generate ideas that meet the brief
• Client and departmental communication and collaboration; pitching to senior stakeholders.
• Ensure delivery of innovative creative AND media, inspiring the best and most effective
production techniques and craftmanship to best deliver key messaging to viewers
• Act as brand champion and guardian, ensuring consistency (of brand and tone of voice) across
all creative executions.
• Be a mentor for creative team members, providing coaching, creative direction and supervision,
continually assessing and motivating others
• Deputise for and support Head of Creative as required
The Must Haves
• Experience of creative management and line management - able to be an inspirational champion
for the team
• Demonstrable understanding and affinity with the WBD Sports brands
• Confident management and creative direction of creatives and content creators to develop and produce brilliant, effective work across all media and platforms on time & on budget
• The ability to inform, understand and apply audience insight and knowledge of the brand
• The ability to sell in and fight for the strongest creative solutions with marketing and other
• Understanding of multi-platform branding
• Solid understanding of social and digital platforms and media.
• Consumer & commercial focus.
• Knowledge and awareness of the latest creative trends, techniques, innovations and platforms.
• Proven ability in copywriting, direction or art direction, with a track record of consistently effective
and award-winning work.
• Solid experience within the media industry, or advertising/creative/digital agency
• A 360º thinker - able to work across all media with ease
• Experience working across a variety of audiences and touchpoints with a focus on WBD Sports
• Proficient use of video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro / AVID
• Basic knowledge of design software: After Effects, Photoshop and/or Illustrator
• Excellent eye for design, motion graphics and typography
• Skilled in directing live action and talent
• Scriptwriting and video/music editing
• Experience supervising voiceover recordings and the entire video/audio production process
• Ability to deliver original and effective creative solutions, on time and on-budget
• In-depth knowledge of all production and post-production processes
• Understanding of research data and relevant target audiences
• Ability to interrogate and interpret marketing and creative briefs
• Fluent English, other European languages a plus
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.