Warner Bros. DiscoveryWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 5/1/2023 9:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Business Coordinator jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Business Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
Business Coordinator (Temporary)
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role…
The Business Coordinator will provide a full range of support to the show Anchor or talent, as well as comprehensive business administrative and operational support to their client group(s). This individual must be able to effectively coordinate the anchor/talent's schedule along with appropriate show staff and all other necessary parties to ensure shoots and meetings are executed seamlessly. Individual must be pro-active and able to prioritize while handling a demanding, ever-changing calendar for the anchor/talent(s). Candidate must be able to work with high profile talent with ease. Must be able to work well independently as well as part of the Business Administration team. Production research and editorial support required as needed.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Talent Support (70%):
• Providing a full range of administrative support to the show Anchor/ Talent(s) including, but not limited to: Direct calendar/schedule/T&E management of high-profile talent and schedule/oversee talent engagements. This individual must be pro-active and able to prioritize while handling a demanding, ever-changing calendar for the anchor/talent. This individual must be able to effectively coordinate the anchor/talent's schedule along with appropriate show staff. Accompanying talent in studio and/or field, as necessary, which may require early morning and/or late-night shifts.
• Working in conjunction with production areas (show staff, hair & make-up, studio operations, field operations) to assist in managing the production workflow (script review, tracking, arrival logistics, tapings and live broadcast coordination) and to ensure shoots and meetings are executed seamlessly. Assist with the management of social media accounts. Production research and editorial support required as needed.
• Assisting with logistics re: talent's involvement with corporate events, such as award ceremonies, fundraisers, etc. - both company-sponsored and from external organizations. Coordinate with internal public relations team re: talent outside speaking engagements/appearances to obtain proper approvals and act as liaison between PR, Rights & Clearance, and outside agency/organization.
• Show Support (30%):
• Position acts as a business adviser for clients, ensuring the most prudent and efficient use of resources. This position provides a full range of administrative support to the client managers and staff including, but not limited to: reviewing and approving expense reports and timesheets, processing and tracking invoice payments and creating vendor accounts/maintaining vendor communications.
• The business coordinator is also responsible for taking the lead on the employee onboarding process, maintaining department schedules and vacation requests, coordination of employee relations events, as well as being the key resource for client questions.
• The successful individual must be proactive and able to prioritize the ever-changing demands of a fluid production environment. The individual must be able to work well independently as well as part of the Business Administration team.
• BA preferred, or equivalent experience. 3+ years of strong business operations and administrative experience.
• Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) a must. Ability to quickly learn and adapt to computer systems and change.
• Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills are required. This position represents the Anchor talent and interacts with department employees, senior management, other Bureaus and Corporate, high-profile talent and political figures, as well as numerous internal and external clients which requires a high level of diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality.
• Must be willing to be on-call on a 24x7 basis, reachable by phone. Must work proactively and be self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and collaboration. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, high-stress environment, and able to manage many projects/tasks at once with ease and poise. Must possess superb integrity and professionalism.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.