Assistant Retail Manager
Warner Bros. DiscoveryLeavesden, UK
This was removed by the employer on 2/3/2023 5:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Sales Category
Search for Assistant Retail Manager jobs in Leavesden-UK
Search all Assistant Retail Manager postings
Full Time Job
Assistant Retail Manager - Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making Of Harry Potter
Location: Leavesden, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Our studios are considered one of the foremost motion picture and television production and post-production facilities in the world. They inform, engage, and transport audiences to new worlds. The key to that lies with our Studio Operations group, which includes areas like soundstage/backlot set rentals, events, design, culinary, construction, landscaping and much more. Whether it's hosting an unforgettable studio tour, creating an optimal workspace, or equipping talent to tell the best stories, these teams lay the foundation for the memorable experiences we provide.
Your New Role…
You will assist the Retail Manager to lead a team of over 70 to maximise sales and profit performance across the three shops within one of the UK's most popular family attractions that welcomes thousands of visitors every day. You will deputise for the Retail Manager to manage change across the Retail Department, inspiring world-class customer service and implementing the highest commercial standards and effective stock management. This is an excellent role with the chance to add real value and make your mark as well as the opportunity to work in a one-of-a-kind environment on a beloved, magical brand.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Be a visible leadership presence on the shop floor, driving interaction between team members and visitors to improve customer experience and satisfaction in line with key performance indicator (KPI) targets.
• Proactively seek out opportunities to increase sales through responding to sales data analysis.
• Deliver change through setting direction in daily briefings to ensure all members of the team are fully aware of all activity within the department and the business.
• Support the Retail Manager to motivate individuals & teams to achieve goals.
• Monitor and review results with the aim of evolving processes accordingly to develop (KPI) targets.
• Analyse and interpret commercial data to provide feedback regarding product performance, as well as identifying and communicating potential out-of-stock issues
• Adhere to all H&S policies and procedures.
• Ensure the team are following all profit protection and loss prevention policies.
• Ensure administrative work, including scheduling and payroll, is accurate and current.
• Ensure the store is merchandised to the highest standard and coach presentation standards across the team.
• Manage the content and frequency of staff training strategically through creating bespoke development plans, ensuring that the team is well equipped and their development managed.
• Deputise for the Retail Manager and undertake occasional duty management of the Studio Tour with responsibility for the site.
• Management experience in a multimillion-pound retail environment, with a proven history of engaging effectively with customers & staff in a flexible and caring manner.
• Experience in the recruitment of sales roles as well as the ongoing performance management and development of team leaders and sales associates.
• Experience of having worked in an environment where high emphasis is placed on service, product presentation and commercial management.
• Proven track record of people management including employee relations of more than 70 members of staff.
• Working with both Point of Sales systems and Stock Management systems.
• 40 hours a week working shifts, including weekend and evenings. Because of the adaptive nature of this role, flexibility is required to suit the needs of the business.
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden (WBSL) is a purpose built, state-of-the-art film and television studio offering one of the largest facilities in the UK. Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter is the only place in the world to showcase the authentic sets, props, and behind-the-scenes secrets of the Harry Potter films at the location where they were made. It has attracted over 17 million visitors since opening in 2012, features retail stores with merchandise celebrating the Harry Potter film series and has received over 40,000+ reviews on TripAdvisor with 96% rating the experience as 'excellent' or 'very good'.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.