Assistant Print Editor
Warner Bros. DiscoveryBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/27/2023 9:03:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Assistant Print Editor jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Assistant Print Editor postings
Full Time Job
The Assistant Editor supports the Executive Editor and Editor in the development and maintenance of DC comics, licensed comics, digital comics, and custom projects. The Assistant Editor will edit special titles or books as needed. Your Role Accountabilities…
• Assists Editors with development and production of DC Comics, licensed comics, digital comics, media tie-ins, and custom projects.
• Interacts with freelancers and various departments to ensure that the projects are moving through the appropriate departments as scheduled.
• Ensures that tip sheets, cover copy, catalog copy, and other relevant materials are created and distributed on time.
• Assists in administrative duties: vouchers, trafficking of art, copies, mailing, etc.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. Qualifications
• One to two years of work experience required.
• Online or print editorial experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
• Knowledge of art, ability to discuss composition, color, and design required.
• Knowledge of core comic book mythologies and terminology required, with preference given to those who understand the comic book industry.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully (both verbally and in writing) with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Must have the ability to organize and pay close attention to details.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks and project elements simultaneously.
• Copyediting and proofreading skills preferred.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Adobe Creative Cloud software (Acrobat and Photoshop) preferred. How We Get Things Done… This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview. The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $38,497.00 - $71,494.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.