Assistant Manager, Brand Activation
Warner Bros. DiscoveryChicago, IL
Full Time Job
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Your New Role...
The Warner Bros. Discovery Live Events team works closely with Sports Ad Sales on the NCAA Corporate Champion and Partner program and is responsible for the management of nine (9) NCAA Fan Events/Fan Festivals at six (6) NCAA Championships. In addition to the NCAA work, the team works with Sports Ad Sales and Production on the NBA Road Show franchise, NBA All-Star Fan Events, NHL Winter Classic, and The Match golf franchise, among others. In addition to the internal work the group has produced events for outside clients including Major League Soccer, the Big Ten Network and Capital One. The team collaborates with our partners to develop and produce best-in-class activations, fan events, music festivals/concerts and corporate events.
This position will help lead client management and brand activations as well as critical support across NBA on TNT Road Show, NCAA Championship fan festivals, including Men's Final Four Fan Fest, Women's CWS and Men's CWS, and other Warner Bros. Discovery managed events. Additionally, they will assist with the planning and execution of strategic business events within Warner Bros. Discovery.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Help lead client management for Final Four Fan Fest which includes 10 – 12 partners.
• Lead calls, distribute call notes and communicate updates to the larger event team.
• Communicate with the NCAA Corporate Relations and Warner Bros. Discovery/CBS Sales representatives on all client event requests.
• Manage the development, design, internal/external approvals, and execution of the Fan Fest graphics with oversight from the Sr. Director, Brand Partnerships.
• Primary client POC on-site and will serve as intermediary between the event management team and the clients / agencies on all event needs.
• Participate on the biweekly Events/Sales calls.
• Coordinate creative development across Live Events projects, which includes participating on weekly status calls with the design team, compiling collective feedback on style elements and distributing materials for approval, with oversight from Sr. Director, Brand Partnerships.
• Participate in team brainstorm and ideation sessions for new activations and RFP responses.
• Create event & activation decks including but not limited to sales pitches, recaps and RFP responses with oversight from Director, Brand Partnerships.
• Ensure standard practices are implemented across all documents.
• Projects include but are not limited to NBA on TNT Road Show, NHL Winter Classic, NCAA Men's and Women's CWS, NCAA Men's Lacrosse and NCAA Men's Frozen Four Championships.
• 2-4 years of Client Services experience.
• 3-4 years of Event Activation and Brand Management experience.
• Exceptional attention to details and organizational skills.
• Must be able to multi-task in a highly productive, fast-paced environment.
• Must be motivated and ask questions when needed.
• Ability to work with a team, communicate effectively.
• Understanding of production / operations as it relates to experiential activations.
• Proven experience forecasting, managing and reconciling program budgets.
• Strong work ethic with an ability to quickly learn new skills and adapt to a variety of event environments.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Keynote, Adobe and Slack.
• College degree.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.