Assistant Editor, Collected Editions
Warner Bros. DiscoveryBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/10/2023 3:03:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Studio Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Assistant Editor, Collected Editions jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Assistant Editor, Collected Editions postings
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
Your New Role… The Assistant Editor will support the Collected Editions team with day-to-day responsibilities. This includes reviewing collected editions books, writing copy for cover and interior pages, editing copy, maintaining roster of freelancer talent for back cover copy, liaising with other department stakeholders as necessary, and reviewing books to ensure that the books meet DC's standards. This position will also edit a small number of Collected Editions books each month. Your Role Accountabilities…
• Assists the Collected Editions team with the creation of bookmaps and text for Collected Editions (CE) books from previously published material.
• Reviews dummy books and design material for errors and consolidates comments/feedback from other departments.
• Coordinates with Design, Production, Editorial, Marketing, and Legal to ensure books meet their project and in store dates.
• Communicates with talent involved with books to ensure that their concerns are met, while also meeting DC's standards.
• Troubleshoots and resolves all questions related to the creation of a book, including art viability, creative differences, and scheduling issues.
• Responsible for the creation of freelancer vouchers.
• Files CE book titles with the Library of Congress database.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. Qualifications
• One to two years of work experience required.
• At least two years of experience in the comic book, print publishing, or related field preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
• Knowledge of comics required (ideally DC Comics), with preference given to those who understand the comic book industry.
• Ability to distinguish/discuss color and design strongly preferred.
• Proficiency with proofreading marks required.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required and Adobe Creative Cloud software (Acrobat and Photoshop) strongly preferred.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully (both verbally and in writing) with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Must have the ability to organize and pay close attention to details.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks and project elements simultaneously. How We Get Things Done… This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview. The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $38,497.00 - $71,494.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.