Wls Senior Digital Producer
Walt Disney TelevisionChicago, IL
This was removed by the employer on 10/31/2023 5:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Wls Senior Digital Producer jobs in Chicago-IL
Search all Wls Senior Digital Producer postings
Full Time Job
ABC 7 Chicago's #1 news Chicago is looking for a highly skilled and versatile, self-motivated, data-driven, and tech-savvy candidate to join the Digital Team as a Senior Digital Producer. As an integral part of our team, you will be responsible for creating engaging, captivating, and hard-working news content for all digital platforms. ABC 7 Chicago covers the local and national news stories of the day and how those stories impact local communities.
• Timely posting of local and national news on all digital platforms, including but not limited to websites, apps, and social media.
• Work with news managers, assignment editors and talent to coordinate on-air and online news coverage.
• Complete special projects for various station departments, including sales, marketing, and community affairs.
• Assist with implementation of new content tools.
• Complete synergy requests from the station group and the Disney company.
• Curate digital content for all of ABC 7 Chicago's digital platforms, including but not limited to website, news app, streaming app and social media.
• React and respond to breaking news quickly and accurately.
• Identify compelling stories that will resonate with our diverse audiences.
• Monitor analytics in real time to assess the effectiveness of content presentation and adjust as necessary.
• Help train new producers and interns.
• Develop strong working relationship with other departments while displaying compassion and inclusion.
• Use SEO (search engine optimization) to increase unique visitors and video starts.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as a digital news producer, preferably in a newsroom or digital media environment.
• Available to work flexible hours, including overnights and weekends.
• Strong editorial skills and good news judgement.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Proven ability to multitask and thrive in a high pressure news environment.
• Strong independent worker, as well as a standout colleague.
• Proficient in AP Style.
• Solid knowledge of basic HTML.
• Ability to shoot and edit video using Adobe Premiere a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field from a four-year accredited college or university or equivalent years of experience.
• Reporting Location – Chicago, IL