Wabc Digital Producer - Daily Hire
Walt Disney TelevisionNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Disney Entertainment's eight-owned ABC stations are multiplatform leaders in local news and information. WABC-TV has been the leader in local news and entertainment programming in the New York City area for more than 60 years. Producing more than 45 hours of live, local news and weather each week, Channel 7 ''Eyewitness News'' is the most-watched local news in New York and the United States. Quality news and programming, cutting-edge technology and ongoing community outreach are the hallmarks of excellence that have consistently kept WABC-TV New York's No. 1 station and the most-watched television station in the nation.
The Disney-owned station WABC in New York City is looking for an experienced daily hire digital producer with the ability to connect with our audience! We are looking for a dynamic and compelling journalist and communicator who will coordinate all elements of a daily television newscast. This team member will work collaboratively with producers, writers, directors, anchors, reporters, graphic artists and other newsroom leaders. The applicant must demonstrate a full understanding of the powerful voice and responsibility broadcasters have to, and with, the communities we serve. This team member will produce for all platforms and dayparts, including early mornings, nights and weekends.
Eyewitness News seeks a digital content producer who can create, edit, and produce material for our digital, social, and connected TV platforms. You will work in a high-energy, non-stop news environment to help us with breaking news and create compelling content that our users will want to share.
Curiosity and willingness to learn are important. Some of the day-to-day duties include writing stories, producing breaking news, creating original videos, producing live streams, optimizing content for more reach and impact, and helping create social media content that engages our audience.
Daily Hire is an employee hired to work daily with no requirement of a regular schedule.
and Duties of the Role:
• Creating content across current and future platforms with storytelling that is optimized for each screen and reflective of the diversity of our audience.
• Use SEO (search engine optimization) and data tools to make editorial decisions.
• Handling social and multi-platform content for station accounts
• Working with newsroom leaders and other content producers to find opportunities to collaborate across all platforms on station content
• Background in journalism or related field
• An understanding of social strategy and SEO with the desire to keep up with emerging platforms
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Experience with Adobe Premiere and Photoshop (or similar programs)
• Proficient with AP style
• Ability to work early mornings, evenings, holidays, and weekends
• Bachelor's Degree (related degree preferred in Journalist, Multimedia/Production, etc.)
The pay rate for this daily hire role in New York is $1327.20 to $1824.90 per week.