Wabc Craft Eng-Photographer / Editor
Walt Disney TelevisionNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/16/2023 5:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Wabc Craft Eng-Photographer / Editor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Wabc Craft Eng-Photographer / Editor postings
Full Time Job
Disney Entertainment's eight-owned ABC stations are multiplatform leaders in local news and information. WABC-TV has been the leader in local news in the New York City area for more than 60 years. Producing more than 45 hours of live, local news and weather each week, Channel 7 ''Eyewitness News'' is the most-watched local news in New York and the United States. Quality news and programming, groundbreaking technology, and ongoing community outreach are the hallmarks of excellence that have consistently kept WABC-TV New York's No. 1 station and the most-watched television station in the nation.
WABC-TV is looking for a Craft ENG Photographer/Editor to join our team! You will work closely with the Assignment Desk, News Reporters, and Managers to ensure the timely production of newscasts and special projects. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the fast-paced, high-pressure environment of daily local news gathering. The candidate must possess excellent communication skills, and a strong work ethic.
This is a full-time staff position.
This position is covered under the NABET-CWA / ABC Master Agreement.
• Shoot field interviews and b-roll for craft news projects/stories using innovative cameras, adjustable lenses, and lighting equipment.
• Collaborate and edit segments and assemble complete work generated in the field.
• Assist with the upkeep of equipment maintenance and inventory
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in daily ENG newsgathering, including shooting, editing, and working on live shots with a reporter or alone in the field.
• Must be willing to work any shift, including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Candidates must know how to operate a microwave live truck.
• Candidates must have a valid driver's license to operate station vehicles and have a clean driving record.
• Be able to lift and carry a minimum of 30 pounds of equipment to use during live and taped productions.
• Working knowledge of P2 camera systems, Adobe Premiere Pro 2020/2022 editing systems, and bonded cellular transmission technologies (Dejero and Live U)
• Experienced in news, topical, investigative, and in-depth and complex storytelling and editing.
• Ability to work independently, be adaptable to last-minute changes, and meet strict deadlines.
• Have knowledge and experience in the use of smaller cameras like the Sony FX9 and adjustable lenses, multi-camera shooting, and complex and creative lighting.
• Knowledge of the tri-state area
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or a related field
The pay rate for this union role in New York is $58.1375 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.