Spring Paid Intern - Franchise & Integrated Planning
Walt Disney TelevisionBurbank, CA
Part Time Paid Internship
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Drive revenue for The Walt Disney Company through the creation and management of franchise properties for Disney+, Disney Channel, and Disney Junior! Generate sales presentations to gain consensus from internal and external (primarily retail and licensees) stakeholders. Lead integrated planning and the development of cross-department marketing strategies for series, movies, and programming events.
A Day in the Life…
This role will play an integral role in the department by focusing on the development and execution of franchise integrated plans and strategies, focusing on three key areas – live event management, marketing support, and sales presentations. We work hand-in-hand with key contacts of the divisions of the Walt Disney Company - Marketing, Consumer Products, Music, and Parks. Collaborate closely with Content partners - including Walt Disney Studios, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Pixar, 20th Century TV, and Disney Branded Television!
• Help the team handle special projects such as the Live Tours and Pop-Up events.
• Handle the creative approvals and project management grids for Museum and Mall attractions.
• Build and handle marketing/integrated planning decks, documents, and calendars for all kids' franchise series.
• Help handle the flow of communication from franchise to music, consumer products, programming, and marketing teams.
• Project leads the selection and clearance of music for soundtrack and music video purposes.
• Generate and maintain franchise pitch decks, including show/events presentations.
• Build and maintain important communication documents such as project management timelines, franchise newsletters, and research reports.
What we are looking for…
• Previous experience working in, or understanding of licensing, consumer products, brand management, promotions, or retail businesses.
• Strong keynote skills, including the ability to conceptualize and construct compelling sales presentations for retailers or corporate executives.
• A good salesperson with polished presentation and public speaking skills
• Professional under pressure and confident presence in the company of executives.
• Independent thinking with a consistent track record to drive projects from start to completion overcoming obstacles by influencing others to achieve goals.
• Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities with the skill to work in a very fast-paced, reactionary work environment with quick turnarounds and deadlines.
• Self-starter, driven to go above and beyond set by others.
• Adept at coordinating and facilitating meetings.
• A passion for kid's entertainment.
It would be nice if you also had…
• Experience in the television or entertainment business.
• Proven results in working on brands or franchises.
• Knowledge of domestic or global kids TV business including ratings and research analysis.
• Experience selling franchises or products to retail, advertising, or entertainment companies.
• Interest and/or experience in the music industry is a plus
• Bachelor's Degree in Entertainment/Business-Related Field
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization?
• Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session?
• This internship is a primarily on-site position-- Must be able to provide own housing and reliable transportation for work in the Burbank, CA area. Also requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated workspace.?
• Program length-- The approximate dates of this internship are January 2024 through June 2024.
The pay rate for this role in California is $21.70 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.