Senior Systems Engineer
Walt Disney TelevisionLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/21/2019 11:54:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Senior Systems Engineer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Systems Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Systems Engineer? Senior Systems Engineer (Walt Disney Television)
The Walt Disney Televisions Network Engineering & Operations (NE&O) team is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to assist in the maintenance and development of our operations. This is an extremely challenging position that focuses on hardening a variety of systems and would be the perfect fit for someone who wants to contribute and grow in a consistently evolving environment. What open source technology is available that can be applied as part of our toolset? How do we optimize performance, reduce downtime, and automate? We want someone who is willing to challenge the status quo and make a difference.
This Engineer will be a member of the WDT NE&O BDN Team. A high impact, high performance team with responsibilities that include the 21CF Broadcasting Network, My Network, FOX Soccer Plus, FOX Deportes, FX, FXX, FXM, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild, FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2 and supporting extremely visible and high-profile events including NFL, World Series, and FIFA World Cup.
• Maintaining, deploying, and configuring infrastructure for the WDT Broadcast Data Network.
• Working with a team of engineers to manage and improve existing infrastructure to reflect constant technological changes and threats.
• Designing and deploying system and network architectures.
• Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software and operating systems.
• Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
• Create and maintain all levels of documentation.
• Determine the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• A minimum of 4-6 years hands-on experience in a Systems Engineering or Network Engineering role.
• Expertise in a technological area applicable to IP broadcast infrastructure, this includes: Networking, Systems (Windows/Linux), File Transfer, Storage, Virtual Machine and Cloud platforms. Working knowledge of all platforms outside of expertise area.
• Working experience installing and configuring Linux (CentOS/RHEL) and/or Windows (Server Platform).
• Working experience installing and configuring network switches and firewalls.
• Working experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google, or Azure.
• Strong scripting knowledge (e.g. bash scripts, Python, Ansible).
• Preferably strong and demonstrated experience with configuration management or automation software such as Ansible or Terraform.
• Solid networking knowledge (OSI Network Layers, TCP/IP).
• Able to work in high-pressure environments, supporting critical on-air broadcast systems.
• Ability to learn and assist in technical areas not related to area of expertise.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills.
• Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.