Senior Financial Analyst
Walt Disney TelevisionBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/6/2020 5:01:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Senior Financial Analyst jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Financial Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Financial Analyst? Job Summary:
The Walt Disney Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company's global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC News, Disney Television Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, Freeform, and National Geographic.
WDT Finance & Planning
The Finance & Planning team provides the highest level financial service to WDT executive management as well as corporate partners across the Walt Disney Company. The team assists business leaders achieve WDT goals by providing multi-year forecasts, performing financial analysis, and reporting individual show performance. We promote innovation and growth by developing our analyst and providing the necessary tools for success.
The Senior Financial Analyst will join a team that is responsible for providing financial and strategic support for ABC Late Night & Daytime operations as well as Overhead Planning for the ABC Entertainment Group (including Primetime). The Senior Financial Analyst will assist in the coordination and preparation of each forecast, Annual Operating Plan, and Long Range plans. In addition, the Senior Financial Analyst will assist in identifying ways to drive organizational change within the context of the forecast and executive decision-making process. The candidate will also support special projects on an ad-hoc basis. The position requires excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills as well as an acute attention to detail.
• Assist in the preparation of forecast, annual, and long range operating plans, which includes calculating quarterly program amortization and preparing cause of change analysis and other reports for consolidation and executive teams
• Manage P/(L) for Daytime and Late Night Programming. This involves working closely with business partners across WDT to capture program budgets and overhead costs.
• Manage >370 headcount for the Entertainment Group (i.e. labor and departmental budgets) by collaborating with business partners to build budgets, forecasts and report actuals.
• Partner with stakeholders in Operations, Finance, and Controllership to help drive organizational change in the areas of workflow efficiencies and strategic analysis
• Provide financial and strategic analysis related to key business initiatives and decision making processes
• Minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience
• Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and resolve issues
• Strong project management and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced financial modeling skills
• Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel and PowerPoint) and reporting applications (i.e. Cognos TM1 experience a plus)
• B.S. degree in finance, accounting or related field
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Riverside Television Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Riverside Television Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.