Promotions Writer / Producer--- Disney Channel
Walt Disney TelevisionBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/1/2019 3:56:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Promotions Writer / Producer--- Disney Channel jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Promotions Writer / Producer--- Disney Channel postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Promotions Writer / Producer--- Disney Channel?
Full Time Job
The Disney Channels, which include Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior, is currently seeking a Promotions Writer/Producer. The Writer/Producer should inspire the rest of the team with their concepts and their command of the art of promotion and marketing. While the job focuses on creativity the position also requires a developed sense of responsibility and organization. The Writer/Producer must be an endless resource of ideas for their own projects and for the department. Superior writing skills are a must, as is selling ideas in to the project team and management. Passion and hard work are commonplace and embraced and supported throughout the department. This job is specific to communication of show priority and schedule changes. Please provide reel/link to work on your resume.
• Serve as creative on network schedule changes and last minute communications
• Write and produce short form/promo content for broadcast, digital and social platforms
• Utilize writing skills and present multiple concepts for each assignment
• Stay ahead of the curve on current industry trends and competitive scheduling and creative
• Pitch ideas or campaigns and participate in brainstorming meetings
• Work with research and marketing to understand target demos (Kids 6-11 and Preschool)
• Communicate concepts to graphics designers, composers, storyboard artists, etc. and supervise execution
• 4 years of current experience writing and producing short form content/promotional spots for a broadcast or cable television network, a movie trailer house or an ad agency with.
• 1 years of experience with kids content (6-11 and preschool) highly desired.
• 1 years of experience with shoots.
• Working knowledge of editing systems and workflows
• Experience supervising editing sessions and directing the editor
• Ability to effectively direct voiceover talent
• Ability to creatively problem solve
• Have excellent time management skills
• Be able to juggle and work on multiple projects at the same time
• Has an understanding of marketing concepts and brand management
• Understands the target demo and how to speak to them
• Understands all phases of pre-production, production and post-production
• Demonstrates excellent people skills
• Demonstrates strong work ethic
• Ability to develop credibility and strong working relationships in a complex organization
• Applicants should include reel/work samples on or along with resume.
Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.