Walt Disney TelevisionHouston, TX
This was removed by the employer on 12/11/2020 8:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Media Operator jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Media Operator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Media Operator? Job Summary:
The Media Operator is responsible for performing timely media ingest and file processing activites for Disney Channel Networks, Freeform, FX Networks, National Geographic Networks and ABC Television Network content. The position reports to the Media Operations Manager. A successful candidate in this role must have the ability to self-motivate and work in a detail oriented fast paced multi-network environment. The person will interact with many internal and external Disney partners such as Mastering, Servicing, Marketing, Programming, Ad Sales, Synergy, Broadcast Operations, Non-Linear Distribution, Content Security, Traffic, Radio Disney, S&P and Media Engineering. Candidate must maintain a high level of customer service at all times. As a key point of contact for media ingest and metadata management, the role will also be accountable for database accuracy and assuring the technical compliance of Walt Disney Television (WDT) MAM system content.
• Perform the processing and management of media assets in a results-driven environment
• Accountable for WDT MAM ingest activity and tracking, as well as ingest activity that may occur outside WDT MAM
• Ingest of both finished and unfinished content and validate file integrity and adherence to format specifications
• Troubleshoot and resolve both media-based and MAM system-based technical anomalies – escalating as necessary according to established protocols
• Address file rejections generated by Quality Control (QC) software and manual QC processing and escalate to appropriate teams as required
• Perform metadata validation and entry including segment timings to create broadcast automation database records
• Be a subject matter expert in all department databases and software (Xytech MediaPulse, Mediator, Jellyroll, etc.)
• Perform media asset transformations utilizing transcode tools, time compression and edit tools
• Perform manual deliveries to broadcast and be able to perform daily missing media checks on broadcast networks
• Perform broadcast QC for technical anomalies as needed using broadcast playback tools
• Be a part of a strong, high functioning team that is able to effectively and efficiently execute assignments
• Ensure the prompt resolution of high level issues related to file integrity, media attributes, and content compliance
• Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and assist in documenting department processes
• Have an attitude of continuous improvement
• Assist manager in developing, maintaining and enforcing media management, storage and content security policies
• Cross train for high profile event support in broadcast team
• Liaison with various WDT departments and provide a high level of customer service
• Results oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations
• Must be able to work all shifts including weekends and holidays
• Must be a team player with exceptional communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
• Strong understanding of audio/video file formats, television standards, film formats, codecs, bitrates, frame rates, video resolutions, aspect ratios, broadcast audio configurations and electronic delivery technologies
• Knowledge of media processing tools including Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, QuickTime Pro, MacCaption, Mediator, Compressor, Vantage, Aspera and video tape formats including D5, D2, DVC Pro, HDCAM SR, Digital Betacam, Betacam SP
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products and working knowledge of Xytech products
• Must work well with little or no supervision and have a strong attention to detail
• Strong understanding of production and post-production workflows and best practices
• Prior media distribution or television operations experience is preferred
• Broadcast/Cable television, Studio, or Post Production house experience is preferred
• Bachelor's degree required or relevant work experience
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.